Chapter 29

He was heading back to his room from Zayn's.

He thought that Harry, who had vanished after he had screamed at him, would've headed to Niall's room while he was away.

Not that he was very excited to meet him just after that, he thought he'd have to do that.

This had happened a lot of times, many a time when he was away from his room, Harry used to come there and talk to Niall, because Niall rarely went to Harry's room. Whenever he came back, they talked about strange things like noodles, clouds, or something really random like that. But he barely thought that something like that would be the topic of their conversation this time.

He walked to his room, on the path he took almost daily. 

He saw the door wasn't locked. Maybe they had forgotten it or they just didn't mind doing it.

He just stood beside the slightly open door and listened to it, playing with his bare hands. Strangely, he didn't even have to think twice to do it.

"... I'd rather spend at least five minutes in heaven than spend my whole life in hell if that's the option," Harry was saying.

"That's a good way to say it, but that's the point right, you have two bad options, either shit or shittier," Niall said matter-of-factly.

"I know, but I guess 'shit' would be worth it," Harry said.

"I don't know about that," Niall said quietly, "You don't speak about it, but you have to,"

"I know, I know, I will,"

"If you don't tell everything, I swear to god, I will,"

"Please do,"

"Right,"

"I'll wait for a while, and if everything goes right, I'll tell it,"

"You will, because it is only fair. Not doing it would be unhealthy for both," Niall said, "Be good, right? Don't mess up, don't panic, don't go absolutely shite,"

"I know, I'm trying. To not mess up," Harry said.

"Can't we do something about him? I mean I really want this to be the way you want but he will never let you do it, you'd know it over your dead body," Niall said.

"You know you can-"

"Harry, please,"

"He's really powerful, I don't really think I can do anything until I match his power," Harry said, sounding downcast.

"Do you have anything on your mind?" Niall asked curiously.

"Well, what's meant to be will b-" Harry said again.

"Yeah I know that's your life motto, okay," Niall said, "I know you'll be better than him one day, and then maybe you can come back,"

"I would want to come back,"

"After that long?"

"I would,"

"It's fine, it's too early to actually know it, what happens next, is what happens next,"

"Try me," Harry said, and Niall chuckled sadly.

"I wish I could live the way I wanted," Harry sighed. 

"Me too," Niall said. He probably went in to hug Harry, as Louis heard the moments from outside. Harry seemed sad about something. Of course, he did. But again, Louis couldn't understand one word about their conversation.

"Let's get some ice cream with the lads?" Niall asked, probably while in the hug, "And please don't be sad. If Louis looks at you like this he'll start an FBI investigation," Yes, I will.