Making a Choice

THIRD PERSON POV

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all." Snow White announced into the mic that she was holding. "Oh, Fairy Godmother looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair? And there is Fairy Godmother's wand."

"I want that wand!" Maleficent announced as though she hadn't ever said anything about that as she watched the tv with the other villains.

"Do you? Hadn't heard." Cruella mocked, receiving a glare from Maleficent.

"Oh, and here comes Prince Ben now!" Snow White said. 

"Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." Ben told Mal, making her blush.

"Thank you." Mal slightly smiled at Ben.

"Mal, would you wear my ring?" Ben asked, attempting to put his ring on Mal's finger. 

"Um, not now. I think it would probably just fall right off me. I have something for you." 

"For me?"

"Yeah. It's just for later, you know, when you need strength. Some carbs to keep your energy up." Mal explained as she held out a box to Ben.

"Always thinking." Ben told Mal a he pulled out a cupcake from the box. "But I can't wait." 

"No!" Mal exclaimed as Ben took a bite of the cupcake. 

"This is really good." 

"Uh, do you...?" Mal started, not sure what to say.

"Mal?" Ben asked.

"Do you feel ok?"

"You bet." Ben smiled.

"Would you say that you're still in...that...that you still have strong feelings for me?" Mal asked, concerned.

"Not sure. Let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." Ben looked forward.

"Ok." Mal responded before her brain finally realized what Ben had said as he gave a small laugh. "What? What? You knew?"

"That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah I knew." Ben calmly told Mal.

"I...I can explain." Mal tried, not really knowing what or how she would explain to Ben that she had spelled him. 

"No, no, it's fine. You had a crush on me, I was with Audrey, and you didn't trust that it would happen on its own. Am I right?" 

"Yes. You're so right." Mal simply agreed with him, glad that Y/n hadn't said anything and that she wasn't in trouble. "So then, how long have you known?"

"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake. Also I'm not the only one that knows that you spelled me." Ben answered.

"Who else?" Mal asked, scared.

"Y/n." Ben simply said.

Mal decided to drop talk about Y/n. She would talk to her later. Instead, she asked what was on her heart. "So then what? You've just been...faking it?" Mal asked. Her fear of being hurt was forgotten when Ben took her hand, put his ring on her finger, and kissed her hand before looking up at her.