Love is Where the Family is

EVIE POV 

I watched in horror as everyone around Mal, Jay, Carlos, Maleficent, and I froze. 

Maleficent walked over to Beast and tutted, "Ooh, in another time, in another time. Don't you want to be evil like me?" She sang her way over to Fairy Godmother and snatched the wand out of her hand. "Oh. Oh no. Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this?" She waved the wand and Ben's ring flew off Mal's finger and slid onto the wand. Mal looked heartbroken as she looked down at her bare finger. "Perfect fit!" 

It was only then that Maleficent noticed Y/n. "Dear me, dear me. It's been a long time, hasn't it, Y/n?" She moved closer to Y/n with each word until she was ten feet away. "I haven't seen you in a long time. I was going to kill you for betraying the isle, but you did help in getting me the wand with the others, so I'll make your punishment temporary." She acted like Y/n could hear her, but I couldn't focus on that at the moment. All I could think about is what was going to happen to Y/n. Maleficent waved her wand and Y/n crumpled to the ground in a heap, fast asleep. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but she wasn't done. Maleficent waved her wand again and Y/n flew across the room and hit the far wall in back of everyone. 

"Y/N!!" I screamed. 

Maleficent walked back to where she had been standing and noticed Ben. As she made her way over to him, she hollered, "Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. The horns! The horns! Aw, falling in love is weak...and ridiculous." She tilted Ben's crown and then turned back to Mal. "It's not what you want."

"You don't know what I want!" Mal retorted. "Mom, have you ever asked me once what I want? I'm not like you."

"Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and, years of being evil. You'll get there." 

"No. I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!" Maleficent snarled. 

"And now I command wand to my hand!" Mal summoned the wand which zoomed across the room and landed in Mal's outstretched hand. "It worked!"

"I hardly think so!" Maleficent paced back and forth, half talking to herself and half talking to Mal, "Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand! Give me the wand!"

"Hold on, Mal." Carlos got her attention. "Maybe good really is more powerful than evil."

"Oh, please! You're killing me! Arf!" Maleficent tried scaring Carlos. Dude ran forward and jumped into Maleficent's arms." Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath!" Jay tried to get Maleficent's scepter while she was distracted, but it didn't work. Maleficent ran her hand over Jay's arms and smirked. "Gaston should be jealous." She flicked him in the head, making him fly back. "Enough! You will regret this!" Maleficent vanished into a cloud of green smoke and the next time she was seen, a purple and black dragon stared down at us through her green eyes. She shot fire at Jay, making him run off. Maleficent gave chase. 

"Come on. Run, Jay! Hurry, hurry hurry!" Mal called out to Jay as he returned to the group. "Evie! Mirror!"

"Magic mirror, shine a bright light!" A bright light shot out of my mirror and I aimed it into Maleficent's eyes, making her temporarily stop. 

"Get behind me!" Mal ordered. "Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me, mother." Mal's eyes turn green as she starts using a spell, "The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!" Maleficent vanished in a puff of green smoke and in the place of the dragon, stood a lizard and Fairy Godmother unfroze.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"I don't know." Mal answered.

"Did you do it?" Carlos asked.

"I don't know!" 

"No, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That is why she is so itty-bitty." Fairy Godmother said as she approached us.

"Is she going to be like that forever?" Mal asked, concerned.

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she." 

"I believe this belongs to you." Mal handed the wand to Fairy Godmother. 

"And I believe this...belongs to you." Fairy Godmother handed Mal Ben's ring. "And you have all earned yourself an 'A' in goodness class." 

She turned to the rest of the people, still frozen, and swished her wand. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

Ben roared and ran forward but stopped when Mal got in front of him. "Ok, ok. We kind of got it all wrapped up here." Ben looked at Mal and spun her around.

"Next time, I rescue you, ok?" Ben said, making Mal chuckle.

"Yeah, let's not let there be a next time, yeah?" 

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran past Mal to the back of the hall to find Y/n sprawled out of the floor, asleep. "Y/n. Y/n!" I lightly shook her shoulders, but she didn't respond. 

"I haven't encountered a spell like this in quite some time. It is a love spell, but I do not remember how to wake up from one." Fairy Godmother explained.

"Please wake up, Y/n!" I spoke quietly, "I need you. You are so important to me. Please. I love you."

Y/n started to stir and her eyes fluttered open and she slightly smiled. I gasped and pulled her into a hug. "I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Evie."

Hey hey hey! One more chapter until this story is complete! 

Sorry if anything doesn't really make much sense. I have stupid covid and my brain is a bit weird at the moment. The next update will be soon. 

Stay safe and healthy.

Love y'all! 

Until next time, Sarahs4Hearts out!