There

We sat on the floor for a while, laughing our asses off. Honey put her head against my shoulder. I took a deep breath. How could someone feel both completely comfortable and like their body was going to cave in? I didn't have enough time to relish in that horribly beautiful moment before Honey grabbed my arm.

     She leaned in close and I felt her breath on my ear, "Hey Rue." 

     I looked into her bright gorgeous eyes, "Yeah, Ruby?"

     She laughed, "Don't call me that, idiot." She got up, I felt nervous, had I done something wrong?

     My pain was short lived as Honey pulled me up along with her. She took my hand and started to run. I wanted to ask where we were going, but it didn't really matter. As long as she was there, I could care less. We ran for a while, outside the gym and away from the school. My legs ached, but I let her lead me. My breath was heavy when we finally stopped.

     We stood in a garden I've never seen before. Roses of all colors surrounded us, lights were hung up all across them. It was cold, but I didn't mind. Honey pulled me closer, we stood holding each other for a while. The bitter air hit my legs. But Honey's warm body filled me with warmth. The stars were out. Not a single cloud in sight. What a perfect day. The wind started to pick up, Honey held me tighter. I played with her hair for a while, she'd occasionally look up at me and smile.

     Eventually, Honey pushed off of me. I suddenly felt deathly cold. She grabbed her phone from her purse. I stood awkwardly across from her, unsure what to do with my now lonely body. Eventually, Honey looked up at me and smiled. Music came softly out of her phone. She put it on the ground and began to dance. Starting from a soft sway to just random body movements. She shook her legs and arms, moved her shoulders every which way, bobbing her head off beat. I laughed, trying to mimic her movements. She began to bang her head back and forth as the beat dropped. I pulled out my own phone and tried to take a picture. She looked up at me through her hair, smirking ever so slightly. I froze. We stood looking at each other for a while, my cheeks burning from a mix of embarrassment and cold. I clicked a photo and stumbled to put my phone away.

     Honey walked up to me, grabbing onto my shoulders.

     "Hey, Rue?" She whispered. 

     "Hey, Honey?" My voice cracked, I was almost certain I was a bright shade of red.

      Honey leaned in, barely any room between our lips. "I'm gonna kiss you now, okay?"

      "Okay." I leaned in to her lips. 

-------------------------------author's note------------------------------

word count: 479

I rise from the dead.