Oh, My Sweet

Fuck. I looked around at the crowd of people. Deep breathes. My heart was still pounding out of my chest, but it began to slow down a bit. My mind was still racing as people began calling me names in hushed voices.

     I ran out of the room, pushing people out of my way. I had to find Jones. Guilt washed over me as I looked around the house. Jones and Daniel seemingly vanished. My heart pumped out of my chest. My mind was in a flurry until someone touched my shoulder.

    I jumped at the warm touch of a hand. 

     "R-rue?" Honey's sad eyes looked at me. Suddenly, my heart sank. "Y-you didn't? You wouldn't.." Honey's eyes broke away from mine and looked sadly at the floor. I felt my heart break into a million pieces

     "I... y... n...." Words would not form in my mouth. The ceiling suddenly became interesting as I pulled my gaze from Honey. We stood like that for a while. Occasionally stealing glances. I formed sentences in my head, but when it came time to say them, my mouth would not move. I forced myself to look down at Honey. 

     I took a deep breath, "Look... Honey. I'll explain later, but you have to trust me. I'd never hurt Jones like that. I don't even.... I'm not even... I'm gay." 

     "O-oh. Um... I am also not of the heterosexual people..." Honey blushed slightly. We met eyes. She grabbed my hand a squeezed it tightly. We stood like that for another minute.

    "Not of the "heterosexual people", huh?" I chuckled. 

     She blushed, "Shut up!" She laughed, pushing me softly. "Come on. I'll help you find Jones!" She gestured for me to hurry up.

     We looked around the house for a while, trying our hardest to go unnoticed. For what felt like hours of looking, we finally found Jones and Rose Summer sitting at the end of a stair case on the 2nd floor. 

     "Oh, my sweet Jones" Rose Summer repeated as she brushed her hands through Jones's hair.  Jones was resting her head against Rose Summer, Jones was crying. My heart broke a little more.

      Rose Summer looked up from Jones, eyes looking on mine. She froze, causing Jones to look up. "Oh, it's you." Jones got up on her feet, locking eyes with me. We stood their starring at each other for what felt like hours. I've never wanted to go home so bad.

    "Look Jones, I um..." I tried to explain the situation, but my throat felt dry. How dare words betray me. I took a deep breathe and tried to explain what happened. When I finished, we all stood still glancing at the 4 of us. 

     Jones broke the silence and angrily stomped off. Rose Summer reached out for her, but Jones kept going. 

    "S-should we follow her?" Honey asked Rose Summer and I.

    "Come on." Rose Summer got up, gesturing us to follow.

     We followed Jones outside to the pool, where Daniel was laughing at his friends. Jones walked furiously towards him, determination in her eyes.

     "Hey babe! What's up!" Daniel laughed, as the world seemed to go silent. 

     "What the fuck man?!" Jones pushed Daniel slightly. Phones began to be drawn from pockets.

     "Relax babe" Daniel grabbed Jones's hands. Jones grew even more pissed. "It's not my fault your friends are such sluts." His friends laughed, and I blushed as people looked towards Summer Rose and I. "Just look at their clothes! Who wouldn't want to-" Suddenly, Jones pushed Daniel into the pool. 

--------------------------Author's note-----------------------

Words: 593 

Sorry it's so short, and the next 2 will also be pretty short. But I swear it's leading to something good!