Get Home By 10

It was Friday. The night of the dance. Jones was going to pick me up and take us to Rose Summer's house. I snuck out of my room, hoping not to wake up my mom. When I eventually got to the door I heard footsteps.

     "Where are you going?" My mom's voiced slurred. She was drunk.

     I turned to face her. "School dance." 

     "Be safe." We stood staring at each other for a minute. For a moment, I actually thought she cared. She stumbled back into her room, and I went out. 

     "Took you long enough!" Jones honked the horn of her car. She smiled at me as I got in. 

     "Sorry." I told her. Jones sighed and took off. The radio played as we drove to Rose Summer's place. I took the corsage I had bought for Honey out of the purse I brought. Pushing the bad thoughts out of my mind, I smiled. Honey, that's all I needed. She'll make me feel better, she always does. 

      When we finally got there, we saw Honey's dad's car in the drive way. My excitement grew as I walked inside the house. Honey stood next to her dad. She was beautiful. Her hair fell gently on her shoulders and her skin looked soft and smooth. I wanted to wrap my arms around her. But I was afraid of her father. He wasn't a mean person, he just had the build of one. Tall, muscular, and a brooding look. He smiled at me. I shuttered. 

      Suddenly, confetti flew down the stairs. 

      "Presenting,,,, my idiot sister!" Aiden yelled at the top of the stairs. 

      "Aiden!" Rose Summer yelled, hitting him from behind the wall. She huffed, and revealed herself. As always, she looked amazing. As Rose Summer walked down the stairs dramatically, I looked over at Jones. Her face was a shade of red I didn't know existed. 

      "Well?" Rose Summer looked at Jones when she finally got down the stairs.

      "It's alright." Jones looked away. Rose Summer laughed and hit Jones.

      "O-oh! I have something for you." I turned to Honey. She walked over to me and tilted her head. My hands began to sweat as I removed the corsage from the case. I dropped it. Honey laughed and picked it up. 

      "Calm down." She whispered into my ear, putting the corsage back into my hand. I nodded and put the stupid flower thing around her hand. 

        After a little chatting and threats to get home by 10, Jones, Rose Summer, Honey, and I got into Jones's car. Rose Summer and Honey sung a pop song that the radio was playing. Jones laughed at them as they sung off pitch. Maybe everything really was going to be alright.

-----------------------------------------author's note--------------------------------------------

word count: 456

Happy pride month! Also I really want to finish this before the end of summer, so prepare for more chapters-