A Bullet

Things seemed to settle down the next week. People went on to the next drama and ignored us again. Jones was the only one that seemed off. She could walk again, though she still occasionally used crotches. Jones just seemed... happier? She smiled more and was day dreaming more than usual. 

      "Okay dear, are you going to stay quite or tell us what's making you so happy?" Rose Summer asked Jones as we walked into the school. Jones just smiled at her. Rose Summer squinted her eyes, "I think she's high." Rose Summer whispered in my ear. 

     Jones hit her, "Being high isn't the only time I smile! Right Honey?" Honey looked down, ignoring Jones's question. "Ugh, you guys suck." Jones did a small spin.

     Then one of the jocks started to walk up to us. Daniel Farrents, the quarter-back of our school foot ball team, handsomest guy in our school (not that I thought so) was walking up to us and waving. Fucking waving. I looked over at Rose Summer with a puzzled look. "Don't look at me." She whispered back. The distance grew smaller as he stood right in front of us.

     "Hey babe!" I couldn't believe my fucking eyes. Daniel Farrents was talking to one of us. He grabbed Jones hips and kissed her. Oasis Jones. He kissed OASIS JONES. I felt like a bullet had just hit me. Rose Summer jaw looked like it was about to fall off. Honey eyes went wide and she gasped. We all stood there bewildered. Jones smiled over at us.

    "Oh, these are my friends: Rose Summer, Rue, and Ruby." Jones began to introduce us. I raised my hand up and gestured a wave. Honey let out a meek hi. Rose Summer stood there, mouth wide open, and then, she let out an excited shriek that made my ears bleed. 

    "Jonesy, you never told me you were dating someone!" Rose Summer practically screamed at the top of her lungs, she was jumping up and down clapping her hands. People started to look over at us again. More drama... just what we needed. 

   "It was very nice meeting you all, but I have to go. See you later, babe." Daniel exchanged one last kiss with Jones and then walked away. He looked back one more time. Our eyes meet. Daniel winked at me before running off to join his friends.

   "Why didn't you tell me?!" Rose Summer screamed at Jones as we walked down the hall.

   "I don't have to tell you everything." Jones laugh for a second. Then the two girls meet each others eyes. They're smiles turned to remorseful looks. Jones eyes looked pained and longingly into Rose Summer's. They stood in the hall like that for a minute, Jones reached her hand out slowly.

  "Oh you." Rose Summer laughed awkwardly and pulled away. "Come on everyone, will be late if we don't!" Rose Summer walked a little faster, avoiding Jones gaze. 

  Honey looked over at me, a puzzled look on her face. I just shrugged. The air seemed stiff, I could tell that everything would be different now. I didn't like that.

---------------------------------------

word count: 524

eEp short chapter. Next one will be pretty long though. Hope you enjoyed! :D 

Side note: Happy Birthday to my friend Liv! They're amazing and they deserve the fucking world. They give me most my motivation to write this book!! I wish her the best of birthdays uwu