Themselves Together

I took the flower out of my mouth and offered it to Honey, "Honey, will you go to the dance with me?"

     Honey gasped, putting her hands over her mouth. "Omg! Yes!" Honey threw her arms around me. I returned the hug. I felt myself about to cry. 

     After detention the next day, Jones, Rose Summer, Honey, and I all rode in Jones's car to the mall. We had decided to go dress shopping together. Jones had decided to go to the dance by herself. However, Rose Summer suggested they could "go by themselves together", which practically defeated the point, still Jones accepted.

   Once we got there, Rose Summer rushed us all into a small boutique at the end of the mall, "This place has the best dresses! We have to go here." None of us argued and just followed her inside. It was a small room with nice clothing all around. Jones had offered to pay for my dress, so I didn't worry about the price. She was rich after all. 

   Rose Summer grabbed a bunch of dresses and headed into the changing room. Jones was looking at tuxes, while Honey and I stood awkwardly next to each other. 

   "Do you wanna match?" Honey asked me.

    I blushed, "Uh, sure, if you want to." 

    Honey smiled at me, dragging me toward a section of floral dresses. Honey picked out a few dresses, and then helped me pick out mine. Once Jones, Honey, and I had chosen a few, we headed over to the changing room.

    "Hurry up bitch, we have things to try on too!" Jones yelled out.

    "Patience, my dear. I'm almost done." Rose Summer yelled back. We all sat on a bench near the changing room as we waited.

     "Well, what do you think?" Rose Summer stepped out of the room. She had on a beautiful red dress with ruffles at the end. The top had lace across it and it was tied with a beautiful red bow around her waist. 

     Jones blushed, "I'm going next." She pushed past Rose Summer into the changing room.

     "Hey! I still have to change out of this!" Rose Summer called back. She turned to Honey and me, "What's her problem?"

      "You look lovely, Rose Summer!" Honey smiled.

      "I always do." Rose Summer sat down besides me.

       10 minutes later, Jones came out. She was wearing a neon green tuxedo.

       "Jones, love, what the hell is that?"  Rose Summer asked her, in a not so polite tone.

       "My outfit." Jones replied smugly.

        "I will NOT be going with you while you wear THAT." Rose Summer argued. They continued to fight as Honey slipped into the changing room. 

        Jones sat down next to me as Rose Summer insisted Jones wore something more "tasteful". Finally, Honey walked out. She wore a beautiful white floral off-the-shoulder dress. I blushed and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled at me.

      "You should all probably change out of your outfits before I go in." I suggested. One by one they all changed back into their normal clothing. 

      "We're going to buy these, take your time though." Honey told me. I could hear Rose Summer yell at Jones as she bought the tux.

       I tried on a few dresses until I found one that was alright. I looked at myself in the mirror, my pale body wearing a short purple dress. I walked outside.

       "Oh Rue! That outfit is perfect!" Rose Summer gasped. She glared at Jones, "Unlike someone's." 

        Jones smirked, "Change out now so I can buy it." I did as she said and let Jones buy my dress. Maybe this won't be so bad.

------------------------------------------author's note--------------------------------------

word count: 609
Here's what the dresses/tux would look liKe 

Rose Summer:

Jones:

Honey: 

Honey: 

Rue: