Gone

Cw// gun violence, slight gore

     Her lips felt soft against mine. Smooth and gentle. This wasn't my first kiss, but it was differently something I've never experienced before. This closeness, this love, this desperation to never be apart again. I was whole. Soulmates always felt like such an estrange idea, someone who's "the other half of you". But here I stood, full. I always felt broken, and I still felt broken. But it was the kind of broken that felt calm. Like my pieces were being held together and appreciated for their flaws. No one was trying to push the pieces together and pretend everything was okay or trying to smash the pieces further. Gently held. Gently kissed. Gently loved. 

     If it up to me, I would of never left her touch, but things weren't up to me. 

     "HONEY!" A voice yelled in the distance.

      Suddenly, my pieces were dropped and I was scattered again. Honey and I pulled apart confused. I look around. I see him. Daniel Farrents. Then a gun shoot. Then everything stopped.

      I never noticed how slowly someone dies. How quick someone dies. A bullet. Slowly approaching. I couldn't tell who it was meant for, but I prayed it was me. I never believed in God before. But I stood there, praying.

     Oh Honey, my beautiful Honey. She never did anything wrong. This was my fault. It was my fault a bullet was shot right through her chest. Blood. Oh god, so much blood. It was all over my hands and chest. Her blood. On me. How symbolic.

      I think the worst part of watching someone die is seeing their face. Oh how she looked at me. Those desperate, sweet eyes. Like honey. I watched the honey fall right out of them. I watched her smile turn to a desperate frown. So desperate. I could only imagine what it was like feeling something fatal enter your body. Oh, my sweet Honey.

     She was 15. She wasn't even close to graduating. She'd never had her bakery. She'd never have children. A dog. A house. A chance to help the world more. Gone. All of it. With one single bullet. One single gun. One thing, one human. Took it all. He took it from her. She had so much to live for. Out of everyone in that field, Honey would've gone the farthest. All she wanted was to help people. That asshole. Daniel Farrent. Not even the deepest depths of hell were bad enough for him. Honey was an angle on Earth, she hadn't hurt him. She hadn't hurt anyone. 

      But him. Daniel Farrent. He hurt more people then he could ever imagine. With a single motion of his hand, he left two parents waiting for their daughter. A little sister who would never get to know her big sister. Friends who loved Honey beyond imagination. Me. He took her from me. Oh god. What was I to do now? I was finally at peace. I found someone who made me feel better than anyone ever could. And now I had nothing. Gone. Just like that.

    As I watched the bullet slowly yet swiftly enter her chest, I repeated the words that the voice, which I now recognized as Jones, first yelled.

     "Honey"

----------------------------------------------------a/n--------------------------------------------------

Word count- 544

Originally, Rue was suppose to kill Honey lol