Chapter 14

Clara's POV

I arrive at school early and Danny isn't there yet, so I call him. "When are you going to be here, love?"

"I don't know Clara, I'm walking today. Soon, most likely."

"Good. Oh Danny..."

"Hmm?"

"Nothing. I've just been away from you for less than twelve hours and I'm already missing you." I laugh self consciously.

"Damn, Clara, it's the same for-"

I hear a loud thud, a honk, and a screech of brakes. Danny stops talking.

"Hello? Danny? Danny?!" I say into the phone, confused.

After a minute if waiting on the phone, I hear a voice on the line. "Hello?"

"Hi, um, I was just talking to Danny Pink. Can you please give the phone back to him?"

A sob. "I'm so sorry, dear..."

"What?" I ask blankly.

"He was crossing the street, didn't look both ways, and the car... It didn't stop. Oh sweetie... The boy is dead." Another sob.

A tsunami of shock hits me. I hang up. This can't be... It's not possible. Not my Danny. He had been in the military, he was gonna die old, fighting for his last breath, by my side.

The bell rings for school to start and my students shuffle into the classroom, yawning and grumbling.

I open my mouth to speak to them, but no words come out. Instead I dial the school office. "Hello, Ms. Oswald, how can I help you?"

"Can I please get a sub today?"

"Sorry. There's only one sub, and he's in Mr. Pink's room."

At the mention of Danny, my eyes well up with tears. "Thanks." I hang up, trying desperately not to cry. Why are we having school today? Shouldn't we be mourning Danny?

The class snails by, time gushing slowly. But the last straw is when I turn the radio in for the kids as a treat, and Thinking Out Loud is playing.

I burst into tears, to the large surprise of my students.

Courtney Woods smirks. "Mr. Pink forgot to say hello today, eh, Ms. Oswald?"

The class bursts into laughter.

My rage boils over. "OUT! ALL OF YOU, YOU IDIOTS, MORONS, DANNY PINK IS DEAD AND YOU ALL LAUGH AT HOW WE WERE TOGETHER BUT IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! LOVE IS SOMETHING SO COMPLEX, TOO INTRICATE FOR YOU ALL! TO HELL WITH YOU!" Tears splash onto my desk as my students run out of the room, frightened.

I put my head down on the desk, still sobbing. A familiar whooshing noise occurs, and I raise my head.

Lily walks out of the Tardis. "My stars, Clara, are you alright? I heard you from the moons of Petrador!"

I look at her with my tearstained face and after collecting myself, explain what happened between hiccups.

___

heyyy! hope youre enjoying it. im trying to update longer and more chapters, but its becoming a struggle cuz my parents dont like me :p

please vote, comment, or follow! im grateful for each of you!!!!

-Rina