Chapter 26~

Sydney's p. O. v.
_________
My heart raced as I drove home. Nothing compared to this feeling and I truly did feel breathless.
When I did get home I realized I didn't want to be there and when I realized I had only one place to go I—well I banged my head on the steering wheel a couple times.
I then got frustrated for a couple minutes when I couldn't find my phone.
Then I found it and called my sister.

"Hey Syd what's up? Uh hold on—NAP TIME FOR THE BOTH OF YOU—ok what did you say?"

"Um nothing yet."

"Well what's going on you never call, everything ok?"

"I do so call, just not all the time. And everything is fine just wondering if I could stop by but you seem to have your hands full."
Why did I even call in the first place, I knew she'd be busy.

"Oh no now is as good a time as any. The boy and man child are taking a nap and it sounds like you could really use a hug." I moved the phone away for a moment because I didn't want her to hear me sniffing. I'd already turned off the car preparing to go in, but now I was just sitting in my car leaning all the way back in my seat. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna finish this call.
"Sydney?" I heard my name muffled through my hand and I cleared my throat.

"Oh yeah I'm here sorry, I was making sure all my paperwork was in here."

"Wait are you still at work right now?"

"No no I'm in the car, I just left though."

"Oh alright well how about you come over, bring some coffee, and plan to stay for dinner."
I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Ok but why coffee?" She laughed a little.

"Because we're out and I haven't had the chance to leave yet." I grinned at her even though, again, she couldn't see me.

"Ok I'll get the coffee."

"Thank you my love, see you in a bit."

"You too." I hung up the phone and fixed my seat.
I hit my head on the back of it and sighed, starting my car up again.

Payton's P.o.V.
____________
I couldn't let my mind wander off too long as I really had to get ready for work and I couldn't find my favorite suit. At this point I really had a Greg moment in 'The Mirror has two Faces'. The part where he's alone and nearly destroys everything in the apartment because of how lovesick he is after Rose left him. It's kinda like that except I'm not in love yet.
I did not just say yet...Shut the fuck up Payton.

Ok so I found it—I need to do my laundry—another mom gave me her number—and I was so exhausted and drained mentally that when I got back home I just changed my clothes and went to sleep. Bailey wasn't there when I got back so I didn't bother making anything food wise.
In the morning, or afternoon rather when I woke up my head pounded as if the sun just burned right through me.
Needless to say I spent the rest of the day in bed, after I finally got all the chlorine out of my hair. Eating ice cream with chips and re-reading half the books in my library I decided it best to waste away the afternoon as best as I could. Just trying to cram anything and everything into my head to get it to stop thinking. About school. About today. About everything. I couldn't help it, just this one time I allowed my mind to truly wander. To be so deeply immersed in thought that any bad thought really sounded reasonable. Like, I don't know...calling one of the moms. Of course I didn't but I thought about it and that makes it just as bad.
I did take my meds before I went but my head is just swimming in such intense energy and there's nothing I can do about it. Besides maybe eating junk and watching old mob movies, but I do that every other night. It's just a wonder I stay in such good shape.