Chapter 5~

Ms. Carter's p. O. v.
____________
I'm sure my face was a complete mess of red as I noticed how close we were.
I mentally yelled at myself, nodding at the paper in her hands before clearing my throat. She seemed to notice my discomfort and stepped back. And I realized that I was probably supposed to be telling her what to do.
"Oh! Right. I want you to take those papers and organize them by date. They're from the teacher that worked here before I did and they have to be stored." She nodded at me and eyed the stack.

"Okay do you want me to put them somewhere once I'm done or?"

"Yes I want them in the file cabinet over by the corner." I pointed to it and she nodded sitting down at a desk and getting to work while I sat at my desk starting to grade some papers from previous hours. I had asked for them to be turned in so I could review who knew what. We worked independently for a while without any problems. In a comfortable silence.

Payton's P. o. V.
____________
Ms. Carter and I had been working together just fine until my phone buzzed. I'd ignored it up until it started to ring, Ms. Carter looked up from her papers at me and smiled.
"You can answer that you know."
I nodded and sighed picking it up. I winced at the sound of my ex girlfriend's voice.

"Hello." I whispered nonchalantly.

"I want to see you, please I'm sorry. Just give me a chance I"—

"Goodbye." I ended our conversation simply. Like I said, I was feeling a little short today.

Me and my ex Amanda were pretty good together until I went to surprise her at her house one day after school to find her in bed with some guy. That was over a month ago and I've moved on but, she still calls me. I should really block her number.
But anyway.

"Trouble in paradise ?" Ms. Carter joked.

"Not at all." I gave her a small smile and finished up with the papers. Ready to go home and eat something.

"I'm finished, if there's anything else you need from me today. I have to drop off a friend." I said cleaning up the papers and putting them in the filing cabinet then grabbing my stuff.

"Nope that's all, you have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow sweetie." She smiled cutely at me before standing up and turning around to pack up as well. The bell ringing just in time.

"You too." I said before walking out the door and to my car to wait for B.