Chapter 24~

Payton's P. o. V. (Anxiety Trigger Warning)
_____________
I am so late it's not even funny. I've already missed a class and Bailey really isn't helping.
"Y'know why don't we just call in sick?"

"I've thought of that, and I've also thought of how bad your parents would hurt me if they found out and you really weren't sick. Because THEY'RE FUCKING DOCTORS!" I shot him a look as he laughed and I continued to rush quickly about the room, trying to find something to wear. The only things clean were a pair of fitting, dark blue, mom jeans and my Blondie shirt.
"Why don't you just wear that? I'm wearing what's clean and this isn't very pretty either." I paused to look him up and down. It was easy for him to say when all he wore were jeans and oversized sweaters.
But I knew this was my last resort so I rolled my eyes and put the outfit on anyway.
My hair was gonna be another issue today so I made it easy on myself, I just shoved all the curly parts into a loose bun in the back of my head.
If I can't see it, it's not a problem.
"Alright let's go, I'm ready." He slid lazily off my bed, grabbing his phone in the process, and followed after me yawning.

"Yeah yeah, let's go sleepy boy." I shoved him his thermos and watched as his face turned around completely. There was nothing in it but he knew that meant we could stop for food.

"Ugh I love you so much." Waving him off I locked the door and thanked nature for being cordial. I really can't wait for October and it's only about a week away now, thank god.

We just made it in time—for twenty minutes into second hour. I hadn't realized how long I'd be looking for clothes or how hungry I was.
We had to go through the front office in order to sign in, like that would make a difference, and all he wanted to do was talk about his boyfriend. And hey as much as I love the kid I'm getting real tired of hearing his name. I could feel my brain cells turning around in my head.
"Bailey I swear to god if you say his name one more time"—

"Who? Arthur?"

"What did I just sa"— We'd been waiting on our passes in the office for about five minutes and in the middle of my sentence I heard a familiar giggle. I could actually feel my heart drop and then rise back up again as I looked down at my outfit. Muttering a low 'shit' before even thinking about turning around.
"What's wrong?" Bailey whispered to me.

"I don't know, suddenly I don't feel so hot." And as if on que not only did the front desk lady come back and hear that but Ms. Carter stood now right next to me.

"Ooh you don't feel good honey?" The woman who worked at the front desk asked, her Minnesota accent would normally make me laugh but having all these eyes on me suddenly made my ears heat up. Even Ms. Carter was now looking at me like I had something attached to my face.
"Oh what no I'm fine."

"You didn't take them today did you?" Bailey whispered again to me and I shook my head. I have medicine for my anxiety that I usually take every day. It just so happens that in the midst of getting dressed I forgot.
"Take what Payton?" Carter asked placing a hand on my back. It was like she carried an electric jolt and I think I did pretty good not to react but of course this day could get worse. The desk woman again chimed in.

"You know her Sydney?" I was surprised to hear her name, even if she was standing right next to me, not only that but touching me now.

"Yes she's one of mine, I don't have a class right now, so why don't I take care of her for you." Her words rang around in my head, jumping around from left to right.
Take care of me.

"Oh sure that would be lovely. Here you go Mr. Bailey." She handed him our passes and he followed my pushy teacher toward an empty hallway where she stood right in front of me.

"Take what Payton?" This time her tone was much less soft and curious, it was now more 'tell me right now' and curious.
And to be honest I was almost tempted.

"Just my allergy medicine, it's not a big deal." I was actually proud of myself the way I thought that lie up so quick, thought I even sold it with some nonchalant mannerisms too.

"You're lying." I scoffed in defense and Bailey held back his laugh.

"I might be but so did you." I pointed at her.

"What, when did I lie?"

"You told her you didn't have a class, you do." She stood there nearly dumbfounded that I knew that and brung it up.

"I have someone watching my class, it's the same thing."

"No its not."

"Yes it is!"

"I'm telling you it's not the sa"—

"Alright! That's enough." B cut in. It was actually amusing that I was arguing with her, or more so that she allowed me to do so and actually argued back.

"Tell me what you're taking!" I shrugged my shoulders and slunk against the wall with crossed arms.

"Ok then you tell me, Bailey. You know." She squinted her eyes and turned completely to face him. I could tell he was working up a sweat and he looked at me for a way out. So I stood up and linked his arm in mine, pulling us both away quick.
"Gotta go!"

"Payton Clarke I swear"—

"Can't hear you." I almost started to laugh until he reminded me—I have to fucking see her in class today.