Chapter 15~

It was about halfway through 3rd hour and my kids were working independently while I graded first and second hours' work. I'd just finished up another student's work when one of my kids came up to my desk. He was one of my sophomores, Loui.

"Um Ms. Carter? Can I go to the restroom please?" His face flushed red.

"Yes sure, are you alright?"

"Oh yeah it's just an uh emergency."
I nodded and he rushed out with what looked to be a notebook pressed closely against himself, if you know what I mean. All I could do was chuckle and get back to my grading but before I could there was another interruption. This one was the buzz in my desk causing a few heads to pop up. So I pulled it out of my desk drawer and checked it before I rolled my chair out, ignoring the eyes from the clack of my heeled shoes. I walked out of the door and made sure it was closed before answering.

"Hey what's wrong?" My sister's time slowing voice once again echoed through to my end.

"Oh nothing honey I just want to know what you're doing after school on like Wednesday."

"Nothing why?"

"I just wanted to know if you could take Olive until 8:30?"

"Well—sure I'll take him. Could you drop him off? He'll just be with me after school for a little while."

"Ooooh you are a liFE SAVER I LOVE YOU."
I pulled the phone away from my ear to avoid going deaf and giggled at her enthusiasm. But I do get it, her and Tony haven't had a date night in a long while and I want to do what I can to help her.

"Just be here before 3:30 please, that's around the time I go home." There was another high-pitched sound and I smiled.

"Would you stop yelling in my ear please?!!"
I heard her laugh and move around.

"That wasn't me this ti—THANKS SISTER IN LAW, you're a life savor." I caught myself before I could laugh and cleared my throat.

"Ok I gotta go you guys, I'm kinda at work."

"Oh right right, we're sorry. GOOBYEEE."
Yelled Tony again but before I could say anything else the line cut off. I couldn't do anything but look at my phone and smile, they still have the minds of teenagers. Still they are so very much in love.
I walked back into my classroom and sat back down to continue my grading, noticing my male student had now come back. I must've been too into my conversation to notice but either way there was only a few minutes now until my next class.

"Turn in what you have!" I called out and waited as all of my students put their papers in the basket on my desk. By the last paper the bell had rung so I got up to wipe off the board and got ready for my next class.
Today we'd been working more on getting a feel for everyone's different writing styles and how they've improved from last year. Considering that this isn't just English lit., it's mainly a chosen class for students interested in writing who want to learn how to take their thoughts and ideas and turn it into something more serious. I want their work to not only be something that they love at the end of the day but a reflection of them as people and future authors. So far the year has taken a better turn and I'm already so proud of my seniors, and even my sophomores who are taking this as an AP class.
The warning bell sounded and already most of my 4th hour was here so I finished the agenda and sat down taking in the feel of the room. Most of them were chatting or getting ready for class to start by taking out a notebook or something but my eyes glazed over to Payton.
She was reading and, I'm surprised to find that she wears glasses, not that it's strange.
They actually look really good on her. But her outfit really pulls it all together. She wearing a loose royal blue button up tucked into black pants that were cuffed to reveal a silver anklet. The only real color she had on was her shirt as her pea coat, hanging on the back of her chair, and shiny, back, tassel loafers were both black. Even her belt with its silver square buckle were black. She looks really professional, I assume she's going somewhere after school.
By the time I finished taking her in and realized I was now staring, the bell had rung loud over us not fazing the girl of my particular interest even a little. She simply closed her book and put it in her bag before turning her attention to me.
That felt like my cue to start.