Chapter 14~

I sighed walking to my bedroom after work, smelling of chlorine and expensive perfume. One of my kids' moms is real handsy, even though she's married, and as pretty as she is I don't go for married women. Older women, sure why not? But not married or in a committed relationship. I'm not that kind of person.
I start to strip and walk into my bathroom to turn on the water when I hear my front door open. Which can only mean one thing—

"Bailey what did I tell you about taking ubers this late at night!" I yell out to him as he makes his way up to my room.

"Well I didn't want to bother you when I knew you had to work." He shrugged and plopped onto my bed while taking off his shoes and curling up into my mass of fluffy pillows. I could tell he'd taken a shower before he got here because his hair was still damp and it hadn't rained today.
I walked over and turned on Netflix for him while he waited for me.

"Parents had overtime again?" He nodded.

"Ok kid, let me go shower and we can have snacks and a movie." I walked back into my bathroom and closed the door after grabbing my pajamas. I was still in my swim stuff so I finished undressing and got in feeling instant relief wash over me. After I'd finished washing my hair I turned off the shower and relished in the smell of coconut.
I finished defusing my hair and coated my body in lotion before I got dressed.
When I come out of the bathroom Bailey is curled into a pillow with 'The Corpse Bride' playing. He's so adorable sometimes.

"Do you want anything from the kitchen B?"

"OREOS!" He yelled, his mouth still buried in my pillow and I nodded even though he didn't see.
I went downstairs and into the kitchen to get the Oreos and a bag of chips then came back upstairs. When I got back he was half asleep so I put the snacks on my bedside table and got in, shifting him from the pillow to my side.
It didn't take him long to fall asleep and I finished the movie before turning off the tv.
It took me awhile though as I thought about the next day so I turned on my bedside lamp and grabbed my glasses to read some until I felt myself begin to drift.

Ms. Carter's p. O. v.
_____________
I arrived back to the apartment, Chinese in hand, and cut on the kitchen lights. I set out my food and grabbed a can of cat food as well, opening it and putting it in her bowl.
I then proceeded to stuff sweet & sour chicken and brown rice into my mouth over the sink until I got full. When I did I put the rest in the fridge after it cooled and went to go take a shower.
Scaling across my apartment, taking off pieces of clothing as I went, and turned on the shower when I got to the bathroom. I told myself I'd pick up the clothes later and got in immediately feeling better and thanking myself for eating.
I got out a few minutes later to find my pajamas underneath Luna and removed her before getting dressed. My stomach rumbled again and I didn't ignore it this time as I shuffled to the kitchen in my black nightgown and pink fuzzy socks. By then I'd gotten more tired and just decided to call it a night.

__________________
'One more day' I kept repeating to myself on my way out the door. I'd finally settled on a dress that I found in the back of my closet when I realized it was time to go so I had no time to make anything.
It's fine, it's fine.
I shoved all other thoughts aside as I pulled into the teacher's parking lot and grabbed my bag before walking in. There weren't many students around because I was early but I said good morning to the ones I recognized and went along until I reached my classroom.
The hallways seemed deserted this time of day but it was nice to see everything so quiet. There was a light few drops of rain against the window of my classroom and added to the feeling of nostalgia.
I put my bag down, locking my door for the time being and reached into one of the drawers to pull out the pink diffuser I'd bought for the classroom. I put it on my desk and took off the cover and cap for the water and filled it with the bottle that I brought then dropped in the oil before putting it back together. Once it started diffusing I went and sat on the window ledge and watched quietly as cars started to come in. Probably other teachers. My body sighed the calming scents in and out and I rested my head on the window for a little while.
There was a sudden knock at the door though making me jolt a little so I got up and straightened my dress before opening it. On the other side was another teacher I'd kind of befriended.

"Hey Ariana what can I do for you?" I opened the door more so I was in full view and the older woman smiled.

"I just wanted to make sure you knew about the teacher's meeting after school."

"Oh right yes I remember, that's today. Thank you."

"Oh no problem dear you have a good rest of your morning." She said backing away.

"You as well." I said and watched her until she smiled again and turned away.
She's been pretty nice to me since I got here, but she's, I'm guessing, in her mid 50's so she's used to seeing new teachers come and go. I can tell though some things about her have just never left, like her style.
Whenever I see her in the halls she's wearing brightly colored pants and nice blouses. Bangles galore and her greying, curly, brown hair tied into buns with interesting hair pins. Not to mention she teaches history.
I've heard very good things about her. But as she left my mind I shifted to grab my phone and check the time. It was about a half hour now before classes started so I just hung back and grabbed a book from my class bookshelf, reading at my desk until the time finally decided to roll around. When it did I would open the door, write down lessons, pass back work, and try to get my students thinking.
But until then.