Chapter 36: Beginning To Understand

A few days have gone by and I still can't forget about that day in the gazebo with Niall... The word magical is an understatement! Anyway, I still chatted with Harry from time to time when I'd bump into him in the house. He was almost always in his room though, which depressed me. I didn't like seeing him unhappy. I guess this was just a faze that he had to go through... Today was going to be different though. I was gonna have a heart-felt conversation with Harry and finally have him fully understand. He was still my best friend after all. I loved him, not like I use to (in a romantic fashion), but I still loved him.

Also, I had been calling my parents every day to tell them I was alright. They were happy to know that I had found a nice, kind, stable boy and were glad I was calling them. It was really nice to have their support.

Anyway, once I had got my tea, made Niall his, and gave it to him, I told him that I was gonna have a chat with Harry. Niall was a bit reluctant, but he let me go. Niall understood me SO well. Plus, he didn't like to see Harry so out of it either.

Once I had left and got to Harry's door I started hearing that oh so familiar sound of crying. Finally I just couldn't take it anymore... So I knocked.

"Harry it's me, please let me in?" I said sweetly but with a bit of concern.

"No, Chloe. I don't want you to see me like this. Please go? W-we can talk... later..." He started to drift off in speech and I knew he wasn't going to let me in so I had to be forceful.

"Harry Edward. Let me in. I'll make everything better-" Before I could end my sentence he swung the door open.

"The only thing you could do to make this better is be mine! Be mine! God! Just be freaking mine! What do I have to do Chloe?! Isn't my love enough?"

With that I started pushing him into his room. I wasn't scared of Harry, I never was, and I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I decided to quickly sit him on his bed... I could also see tears start to form in his eyes...

"Harry... Please calm down. You know I love you, but with Niall it's different. We've had this conversation before ya know and I've told you that we'll always be in each others heart and we'll always be each others first loves. I love you Harry Edward Styles, from the top of my head to the tips of my toes... But... You're my best friend now." As I said this I wiped away his tears and kissed both of his cheeks. He had such fragile, soft skin that made me want to kiss him further, but I knew I had to stop there. I had learned now that only one boy could truly steal a girls heart... And the girl had to trust her decision about who she was meant to be with.

"Chloe, you know I'll always love you and you and I both know this will never be easy for me. Seeing you with him. Laughing. Kissing. Holding hands. All the stuff you and I use to do... It really hurts and to be honest, I never knew I could hurt this bad... I guess this is what it feels like when you lose your true love to your best mate... I hope you never have to feel this Chloe. Actually, I promise to you, I promise I will never let a boy hurt you. That means if Niall breaks your heart, he's toast!" Him and I both laugh a little at that one, and I'm glad his tears have begun to lessen. "I'm serious, Little Miss Beautiful, you mean that much to me. And remember if you ever need a lover... I'm here." After those words he winks at me and we both giggle again. Harry really was too nice.

"Thank you Harry, you don't know how much that means to me. I don't even really know what to say right now, but there's one thing I have to get off my chest." I say to him while softly squeezing his hand.

"Yeah?" He replies giving me a smile that exposed his dimples.

"We have to stay best friends, no matter what, till the end of time, no matter rain or shine, night or day. We have to be here for each other through it all! The thick and thin... Promise?" I say looking deep into this hypnotizing green eyes.

"I promise Chloe... Anything for you."