UPDATE: EXCITING NEWS

Author's Note

Hey, y'all. It's been a while. I wrote this fanfiction when I was 14-15. Now I'm almost 21. This is all insane to me. This fanfiction is #15 for the Ereri hashtag. I am so grateful that people actually enjoyed my messy teenage writing. I've been reading the comments over the years and it's just been truly amazing. However, I know I can do better. 

I've been working on a rewrite. 

This original story will stay up, of course. Some of you may even prefer this version over the new one I'm working on. I honestly just really wanted to work on my character development and world-building. (And of course, the smut *insert facepalm emoji*)

I really hope you will enjoy the new version of the story as much as you've enjoyed this one. I just want to prove to myself that I've grown as a writer and can make something even better. I have included new elements, plot devices, world-building, and more characters!

I won't make you guys wait too long for the first chapter. In fact, I will be giving you a snippet of what I've been working on. Here is a small portion of what you will expect in the new and improved My Babysitter Is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The air felt colder than usual. It was so cold that one could feel as though their lungs were being attacked by an unforgiving snowstorm. Unlike a snowstorm, however, this kind of chilled atmosphere was synthetic. It is a man-made climate created for the comfort of humans.  Eren Jaeger noticed this artificial impression as soon as he woke up. Besides the frigid air, his nostrils were invaded by a potent antiseptic whiff. His ears overheard the reticent noises of machinery. His eyes opened up to a ceiling so white that it was almost blinding.  

"Eren".

The familiar voice jolted him back to reality as his eyes adjusted to his surroundings. He tried to sit up despite feeling pain in his chest and face. His jaw felt tight, either from stress or physical trauma. 

"Hey, Mikasa". He uttered almost nonchalantly. 

The woman with short, shoulder-length black hair and impassive gray eyes did not return his cheerful demeanor. She frowned at his obliviousness. It was as if he wasn't laying on an urgent care bed with a black eye and a concussion. 

"Why is it that every time I take my eyes off you, you somehow get yourself into trouble"? She scolded him like a mother would reprimand a child who had gotten himself sent to the principal's office. 

"Trouble? There's no trouble at all". He smirked and attempted to get up. He was unsurprisingly overwhelmed with a wave of pain in his efforts to get out of bed. 

"You got into a fight. That's trouble, for sure". She stared him down. 

Eren began to remember what had happened earlier that day. It was his first day at Shinganshina University. He was walking into his Criminal Justice 101 class when he caught a glimpse of someone. He couldn't name this person at the time but he knew that he wasn't happy to see him. All he noticed was this man's recognizable smug smirk and intense, malicious eyes. 

"Jean Kirstein". Eren muttered while gritting his teeth and tightening his bruised fists. "I never thought I'd see that son of a bitch again. Yet here he is. Trying to ruin my life. Again."

Mikasa sighed in disappointment. "I don't care who he is or what he's done. You can't get into fights when I'm not around". 

Eren, already enveloped in anger, felt insulted by Mikasa's underestimation of his strength. "I'm a grown-ass man. I  don't need permission from you to fight. He deserved what was coming. I don't know why you have to be such a bitch all the time-"