Why do kind hearted people suffer?

Kayla's pov_______________

Axel had asked me on a date and I got ready for it. 

"Ok I am ready" I said looking myself in the mirror before walking downstairs. 

Mom, auntie Zelena and grandma Cora seem to be on edge. 

"What's wrong with you three?" I asked taking notice. 

"Nothing!" They all say too quickly.

I raise my eyebrow 'I call bullshit' I thought. 

Then we hear the door bell being rung. 

"I will get that" Cora said and left quickly. 

"Seriously.. What's wrong. You all look like you've seen a ghost?" I asked concerned. 

"Nothing hun, you better get going, don't want grandma to scare him off" Mom said as she and Zelena laugh. 

'Oh no' I thought as I ran downstairs. 

"Thanks grandma, I got it from here" I said as I reached the two of them talking. 

"Right, have fun" She said and left. 

"Read to go?" Axel asked. 

"Yes" I said and we left my house and we got into his mom's car as she drove us. 

"How's it going Kayla?" Ashley asked. 

"I am great, how you are?" I asked. 

"I've been busy with work but I'm not to bad" She said.

Once we got to our destination we were outside and I notice lights hung up everywhere and a picnic basket with candles were lit everywhere. 

"Aw this looks romantic" I said.

We eat and talk for hours. 

"Kayla. I have know for you about five months and in those five months I have grown to care about you and.. Will you be my girlfriend?" Axel asked. 

"Omg yes!" I said as I wrapped my arms around him and we kissed.

After our date ended we held hands as he walked me home. On the way we heard screaming.

"What is that?" I asked confused as I looked around.

"I don't know but I think it's coming from around the corner. Let's check it out" Axel said as we made our way around the corner to see this flying dementor sucking the life out of... NIA!

"NIA!" I yelled running to her but Axel pulled me back.

'Don't. You could get killed!" Axel yelled.

"I don't care, Nia is my family" I said as I pulled out of his grip. I ran for her. 

"NIA NO!" I yelled and I felt angry. 

I pushed the dementor away by blasting it with light with my hand. 

Nia's body falls to the ground when that thing fly's away

I run to her body and look back at Axel "Call an ambulance!" I yelled and he did. 

I sat there looking at her body. She wasn't breathing. 

Axel helped me up but I pushed him away right after and started pacing back and forth

After awhile we got to the hospital but the nurses wouldn't let me through

"You can't go in there. Have a seat in the waiting room" The nurse said.

I stood there in tears not moving "Come on please" Axel whispers. 

I nod while sobbing as he led me to the the main entrance where we sat. 

A few minutes go by and I can't stop crying. 

"Kayla" I heard mom and I turn to see her walking up to me. I get up and hug her while still crying. 

"Axel called, I am so sorry about Nia" Mom said.

"No. She's not dead" I said.

"Hun what attacked her?" Mom asked as we pulled away and she sat down with me. 

"It looked like a dementor" I said and she nods her head. 

"What is going on? I got a call saying Nia is in the hospital?" Belle yells coming up to us. 

"We heard screaming and saw a dementor hurting Nia" I said as I wiped a tear. 

"Do you know what dementors do?" Belle asked as I shake my head "Dementor's suck the life out of you" She explained. 

'Well shit' I thought.

Then doctor whale or whatever he goes by comes up to us "I am sorry we tried everything but she is gone" He said and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. 

"No" I whisper as mom wrapped her arms around me. 

"NO!" Belle cried out as Gold was hugging her. 

"I should take you home, let's go" Mom said as she pulls me to the car and drives home. The ride was silent because I was still in shock that my best friend, my sister was dead. 

I could have done something but I didn't.. I could have saved her if I got to her in time but I didn't.... 

I blamed myself for her dying and I did nothing but stand there...

"Honey come on" Mom said and I look around to see we are already home. 

I walk out of the car and mom opens the front door and I walk in to see Zelena, grandma, Robin, and Henry giving me sad smiles but I ignore them and go to my room. 

Regina's pov__________________

It was like she was a zombie, moving slow, not fully here, her mind is somewhere else. We all watch her walk upstairs without a word spoken. 

"That went well.." Zelena muttered. 

"She's hurting" I said. 

"We should plan Nia's funeral. It could give her some peace" Robin said.

"That's not a bad idea" I said and Robin pulls me into his arms. 

"Let's plan a funeral" I said and everyone nods.