Storybrooke

Kayla's pov____________

I hear beeping noises and I wake up to see I am in a hospital.

"Thank god you have woken. We were afraid we lost you for a second there" A male voice said.

I blind a few times for my vision to be more clear.

"Do you feel any pain?" A lady asked.

"A little in my right leg" I said and she nods.

"I'm doctor Frankenstein" The doctor stood out his arm probably for me to shake but I stared at him weirdly.

"What kind of name is that?" I asked probably sounding a bit rude then my eyes slightly widen "Sorry" I said.

"It's alright" He laughs.

"Wait where is my friend?" I asked lookin around but she wasn't in the room.

"Don't worry she went to go get food for herself. Poor girl never left your side once you were brought in 2 days ago" He said.

"Wait.. You said two days? I have been out for two days" I said in disbelief.

The doctor and nurse nod their heads.

"On a more serious note.. Where did you get those bruises from?" The doctor asked.

"Oh.. Um.. Nowhere" I muttered but they didn't believe me.

"Maybe it's time to call the sheriff and the mayor" Doctor said.

"Wait not please" I shake my head started to get worried.

"Please calm down, Emma is a nice sheriff" He explained.

Nia then walked in but stopped in her tracks when she saw me up.

"Omg" She ran to me and started hugging me.

"Ugh" I groan in slight pain.

"I'm so happy your alive. I have been so worried" She said before letting me go.

"They are calling the sheriff and mayor.. Were going to be in trouble" I whispered to her.

"Yep, were screwed" She said sitting down in the seat next to me.

After they made the call it took awhile but they were running text to check my mental state right now.

They asked a bunch of question like:

'How old are you two?'

'Are you from town?'

'Where are your parents?'

Then the door opens and two women walk in. One with black hair and one with Blonde.

"Hey doc. What's with the urgent call?" The blonde lady asked as she gave Nia and I a quick smile then looked at him for an answer.

"We got two 17 year old's. One got into a car crash and has a broken leg" The doctor said but then pulled them aside.

Doctor Frankenstein____________

I brought Emma and Regina to the other side of the room so Nia and Kayla couldn't hear.

"I think those two are runaways" I bluntly and Emma's eyes widen.

"Really? What gave that away" Regina said sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"How do you know they are runaways?" Emma asked.

"When I mentioned my real name to them they both laughed having no clue about the curse and about Storybrooke. I even asked if they were from town and they said no" I said.

"And the blacked haired girl is Kayla and when she came in from the crash her back is covered with bruises, and when I asked her friend Nia about them she lied and said she didn't know how it happened" I said.

"Ok. They could have came from really back homes and they could have ran away but why could to Storybrooke. I thought outsiders couldn't get in" Emma said.

"No outside is allowed in. Only people born in the enchanted forest or another realm are allowed in" Regina explained.

"Then who are we dealing with?" Emma asked crossing her arms and looking over at the two girls.

"Well I will leave it in your hands I have other patients" I said walking out of the room.

Emma's pov________________

"You know that Kayla girls like a lot like you" I said just noticing her.

"I notice that too but I have no siblings or another child. Only Henry" Regina said and I nod.

We walk up to the girls.

"Hi girls" I said being friendly.

"Hi" They both say.

"I'm Emma Swan the sheriff and this is Regina Mills the mayor. We would like to ask you a couple of questions if that is alright with you?" I asked and they nod.

"Names?" I asked.

"I'm Nia" The girls with black hair and brown tips said.

"Kayla" The other girls said.

"How did you guys end up in Storybrooke?" Regina asked butting in.

"We were just on vacation and we came across the town and decided to check it out" Kayla said and I had a feeling she was lying and by the look on Nia's face she was lying. "Right Nia?" Kayla asked looking at her friend.

Nia gave a hesitant nod "Yeah" She said not meeting Regina or my eyes.

"Alright girls, listen up, I have a power to tell when someone is lying and I know you are" I said and both their eyes widen and fear was shown on their faces "You won't get into any trouble if you just tell me the truth" I said.

"Please don't send us back their. They will split up us! I can't loose my best friend who I consider my sister ever sense we were 4 years old! Please!" Nia begged.

"Whoa.. Where is there?" Regina asked with concern all over her face.

"The orphanage" Kayla said.

"And where is this Orphanage?" I asked.

They both look at each other and nod and turns to us "New York" Nia said.

"So you guys ran away from New York because you were going to get separated?" I asked in shock.

"Ms. Harper was abusive and she beat up everyone if we did something wrong and take us to the basement with no food or water for a week. It was pure torture and we couldn't handle it anymore. We packed our bags and before we left the cops came separating everyone but he got out" Kayla explained.

"Are those were the bruises came from?" I asked looking at Kayla.

She had tears running down her face but nods her head.

I sign and look at Regina who looked angry.

"Do you have them too?" Regina asked Nia.

Nia nods as well.

"Ok we will get the doctor to take a look and make sure they heal. We will be back later get some rest" I said and they nod and we left.

"What kind of person would do that to kids?" Regina asked.

"I don't know but I am not happy" I said and she nods.