Graduation

2 months later

Kayla's pov_________

Time moved on and it was graduation time. I was so ready. 

I woke up and got my hair done and put on my dress for the after party. 

Then I put my cap and gown over top

"Kayla we got to get going or we will be late" I heard mom yell from downstairs. 

"Coming" I yelled and walked downstairs.

"Are you ready for this?" Aunt Zelena asked. 

"Yes" I said and the whole family left in separate cars. 

Once we got to school we the grads lined up in alphabetical order. 

"I would like to thank parents and staff for getting these gradates through a touch year, especially as they enter the real world" The principle said then started calling people up. 

"Kayla Mills" The principle said and I walk on stage and walked over to him. 

He handed me my diploma and we shakes hands and moved my tassel. 

My family cheered the loudest as I walked off the stage. 

I watch my fellow grad class each take their turns 

'You should have been here Nia' I thought as I think of her. 

Flashback to 8 years old Kayla______________

Nia and I sat in the orphanage "We graduated! We can finally get out of here" A girl Morgan and her friend Rhianna said as they packed up and left because they were adults and able to leave. 

"One day that will be us" Nia said.

"Yeah when we become adults and graduate from school Ms. Harper will let us go and we don't have to be with her anymore" I said.

"Until then.. May I have this dance?" Nia said holding out her hand and I giggle taking her hand as we spin each other around giggling and laughing. 

"What is this ruckus for?!" Ms. Harper came in mad. 

"S-sorry Ms. Harper we were just having fun" I stuttered. 

"Get cleaning or you both will go to bed hungry" She yelled then slammed the door shut. 

"One day we will be free" I said and Nia nods. 

"Better get cleaning" Nia muttered. 

End of flashback____________

'I did this for you' I thought as Ray comes up to me. 

Ray stood next to me with her diploma all happy. 

"We did it" She said with a smile. 

"Yes we did" Evan said as she wraps his arms around me and gives me a kiss.