The other side

2 weeks later

Kayla's pov___________

It has been two weeks and everyone seems to be ok. I am ok. I just wish I knew how she was. I wake up and went downstairs to see grandma ready a book but it doesn't look like any other book. 

"What are you reading grandma?" I asked curiously. 

"My spell book. I thought I lost it when I was last here" She said.

Spells??

"Could I take a look?" I asked giving an innocent look.

"Well I suppose so. Just don't tell anything and you can keep it" grandma said.

My face lit up "Thank you grandma" I said and I hugged her. 

"Your welcome" She said and I ran back upstairs and locked my door. I am not going to school today. I got something better to do. 

I look through the book until I found a spell that can take my to the other side for a short amount of time. 

'Perfect' I though. 

I started the spell after setting candles in a circle. Then I felt my eyes change color to white. 

I then take in my surrounds and I am not in my room

"Kayla?" I heard a familiar voice. 

I turn around and tears build up in my eyes "Nia" I said happily as we ran to each other.

We hugged "What are you doing here? Your not..?" Nia asked. 

"NO! I am alive" I said as we pulled away. 

"Why are you here?" Nia asked more seriously. 

"I had to make sure you were ok" I said.

"Girl, I am at peace. I'm ok" Nia said.

"How is Casper and my sister?" She asked. 

"Sad" I said and she gave me a sad smile. 

"You need to go" Nia said and I shake my head. 

"Just a little longer" I said and she shakes her head. 

"I want you to live. Live your life for me. Go to college, get married, have a career, have kids. Be happy.. That is all I want" Nia said.

"I will.. I love you Nia" I said as I wipe my tear away. 

"I love you too. I will be watching out for you. I will always be there even when you can't see me" She said as she wiped her own tear. 

I then felt being pulled out from there "Nia" I said but she waved bye. 

I then wake up back in my room. 

'At least I know she is ok' I thought. 

"Kayla" I hear banging and mom walks in and I quickly hide the book. 

"Yes?" I asked and I could see by her face she wasn't happy. 

"I got a call from the school saying you were gone all day. Where were you?" Mom asked as she put her hands on her hips and she raised her right eye brow. 

'Shit..' I thought to myself.

"I'm waiting for an answer" Mom said intimating. 

"Well.." I said as my eyes went everywhere but her. 

"Well?" Mom said as her figures moved up and down on her hip. 

'I can't tell her that grandma gave me a spell book' I thought. 

"I just wasn't feeling good" I said.

"You sure?" Mom asked. 

"Yeah" I nod my head.

"Ok.." Mom said. God she would believe anything..

"Why are there candle's out?" she asked looking around me. 

"I figured I would try something new. I will put them away" I said.

"Well maybe I can help you out then we can go out with Henry and Violet" Emma said as she walks into my room. 

"Who's Violet?" I asked.

"Henry's new girlfriend" Mom said.

"Aw of course" I said and mom left and Emma starts to pick up the candles. 

I quickly grab the book and put it in my nightstand.

"What's that?" Emma asked.

"Just a textbook" I said but I knew she has the power to tell when someone is lying.

"You know your lying right?" She asked. 

"Can I trust you not to tell mom.. Or anyone in fact" I said.

"Yeah" She nods her head. 

"I found this spell book and It had a spell that took me to the other side. I went to see Nia" I said bluntly. 

Her jaw dropped for a minute before fixing herself "Why didn't you just tell you mom that?" She asked. 

"Mom would take the book from me. She says I am not allowed to do magic without practicing bigger stuff without her" I said and rolled my eyes. 

"But. Your like really good at learning magic.. Why would Regina say you can't do harder stuff?" Emma asked. 

I shrug my shoulders "Beats me" I said.

Emma's pov____________

Is Regina stopping her from her full potential because of the prophecy about her?

After we finished I went downstairs while Kayla went to the car "Regina why aren't you letting her use her magic? You know give her harder stuff to work on?" I asked. 

"The prophecy Emma, I don't need my baby to die" Regina said.

"She won't. She's strong" I said.

"Hades said-" She began.

"Hades will say anything to throw us off the track" I said.

"What if he tells the truth this time?" She said.

"We will discuses like later" I said and went to my car.