Navy Fleet

Waves crashed against the birch-wood decking of the boat, icy water flicking against your warm skin. Your body was ablaze beneath the heat of the golden sun. The sun shon honey-coloured rays onto you and your Marleyan Comrades as you soared through the ocean on your Naval Fleet.

The steam powered ship slowly glided along the glistening water; the steel-built vessels, that were armed with two twin-gun batteries of large-calibre naval guns, reflected the abnormally bright sun. The bright shine against the steel physically hurt your pupils to glance at, forcing you to deflect your gaze.

You diverted your attention onto the calm waves of the deep, blue sea with a soft-smile staining your cheeks. You sighed calmly, gathering the attention of Niccolo.

"You seem pleased," Niccolo spoke with a plain expression, "Why are you smiling?"

You exhaled through your nose: your body comfortably perched against the railings of the battleship, "Just enjoying the view - it's beautiful, isn't it?"

"We're in Paradis waters right now, keep your voice down." His pupils nervously scoured the area, anxious that one of your superiors had heard you, "You may be a general, but that gives you no right to-"

"Niccolo," You interrupted him whilst faintly chuckling, "This is the first break from fighting I've had in god knows how long. Besides, I'm not afraid of those devils - from what Reiner has said, their techniques are outdated. This will be an easy battle, we'll be back in Marley waters before you know it."

"I guess - don't get too distracted. We're on a mission here."

You nodded despite finding your body hypnotised by the calm, flat sea that spread for miles ahead like a blanket. Dreamily, you leant your jaw on the knuckles of your hand whilst day-dreaming about your bed: already excited to get home to Marley and sink into your pillows for a well-earned rest.

You didn't know much of the Eldians of Paradis Island, but according to Reiner Braun's account: they were as devil-like as you were all taught. This didn't surprise you - you had been conditioned from birth to fear them.

You weren't ordinarily ordered to work alongside Marley's Navy, however, you had been demanded to partake in the expedition in preparation for the mission failing and a titan being needed to retaliate against Paradis soldiers. Your ship would be the first of your fleet to arrive in Paradis, all with the sole aim of surveying the area for the invasion of the island.

'Easy,' You thought, 'We'll be home in no time at all.'

You sighed in relief as you realised that you were finally approaching the island, being able to see its green, earthy body in the far-distance. You extended your arm, warning your Comrades that the island was in sight and that they should prepare for a potential ambush. This was soon followed by travel-sick warriors cheering that the sail was finally over and that you would all be able to leave the ship. You, too, was feeling a sense of accomplishment: or at least, that was until you drew closer and your pupils began to focus.

Confused, you leant over the metallic railings that surrounded the ship. You used your palms to cup your eyes, unsure on what you were seeing. Your brow rose inquisitively.

"Niccolo, are you seeing this?" You whispered sheepishly.

Not having received an answer, you peered around the ships decking: realising that everyone had left the main deck to prepare to land the ship safely. This didn't surprise you - the Navy was notoriously outdated and underdeveloped. This had previously led to devastating loses in battles against the Middle-East. The technology wasn't advanced, and the crew were ill-trained: this being the greatest reason as to why you had been assigned to assist on the expedition.

You peered across the sea once more, trying to make sense of what you saw.

People.

Many people that were all dotted amongst a grass-covered plain. Realising what you were witnessing as the ship grew closer, you began to race towards the crew that were preparing for a calm mission.

"It's an ambush!" You cried out with adrenaline suddenly coursing through your veins, filling your body with a sense of thrill and curiosity, "There's soldiers, everywhere. They're prepared for our attack. Arm yourselves - now!"

Your Comrades cocked their heads with horror lurking in their fatigued eyes. They looked to each other in confusion, not having prepared for this possibility. It was as if defeat had already taken over their faces.

Niccolo swiftly emerged from the lower-deck with the same look of horror on his face, except his was paired with pure anger.

"All of you - do as General Yeager ordered and arm yourselves!" The blonde snapped swiftly into his usual focused and wrathful attitude, "This is happening. Now."

Chaos erupted on the battleship as the view beyond the sea grew clearer, more soldiers suddenly popping into your view. After watching the majority of the crew clumsily fill their rifles, you knew that you had to take control over the situation.

It was fight, or defeat. And, you knew what defeat would mean.

You were valuable.

More valuable than anyone else on that battleship.

If you were to be captured, it would not only lead to your own demise, but also would give the power of your titan to one of the devils that you had been conditioned to hate. You had no choice but to defend your own life and conquer the battle.

You grabbed onto the shoulder of Niccolo: your close friend and the only Comrade on that ship that you trusted to take control over the other soldiers.

"Niccolo," You breathlessly spoke as time began to move swifter with each inch you grew closer, "I'm going to draw back so that I can shift without harming our soldiers. I'll do what I can to defend the ship, but you need to take control of the crew - make sure everyone is on guard."

He nodded.

Riddled with anxiety that contorted your stomach into tight knots, you sheepishly murmured a simple order: "Stay safe."

You sprinted towards the safety-railings of Marleys steel battleship, clutching your palm around and curling your fingers: you lifted your body weight carelessly over the edge, landing in the calm waves of the deep, blue sea. Water collided with your body as you sank beneath the surface, before you pushed yourself upwards: sharply inhaling a breath of fresh air.

You gasped; choked.

You used your palms to brush your soaked-hair away from your face, then used your arms to push salty water behind you to swim through the sea.

It wasn't until you were far away from the ship that you lifted your soaked hands up to your lips and balanced them between your teeth. You clamped your teeth around your hand before tightly closing your eyes and tearing through your sensitive skin. Thick, metallic blood drained into your mouth as a hazy-orange began to fill your vision. Screaming out in pain, the water surrounding you catapulted into the air whilst your transformation began. Your height swiftly rose whilst slim, smooth muscles laced around your arms and legs.

Your piercing, E/C eyes glared forwards menacingly, directly confronting the enemy soldiers that had prevented your mission from being so easily accomplished.

You advanced forward, water thrashing beneath your body with each step you took through the water. Guarding the enemy ship, you walked in front: the natural, menacing scowl of your titan evoking visible fear in the eyes of the enemy soldiers. You could tell that they had expected your fleet, however, had not anticipated that a shifter would be onboard one of the battleships. Their fear satisfied you: filled your desire to watch them suffer.

Cannons began to fire.

You roared, causing the ocean beneath you to rattle with sensation. You anxiously gazed ahead as a singular soldier slowly emerged onto the shore.

"You know what to do, Levi." Hange Zoë muttered to the angry soldier as Captain Levi stepped forward, prepared to attack the titan that stood in the far distance; "Just try not to kill her - I'd like to analyse her titan as soon as possible."

"I'll try to keep her alive," Levi Ackerman drew his blades with a scowl so cold it could have froze the ocean ahead: "But, no promises."