New Home

Three weeks slowly passed you, and the Scouting regiment had began to return to their Barracks within the depths of Paradis.

They would transport small groups of Marleyan warriors at a time to prevent the potential threat of your crew fighting back. You hadn't communicated with Niccolo as of now, and was unsure on his well-being or location; the last you had heard of him was during your first night in Paradis where Hange informed you that he had demanded Marleyan soldiers shoot them. Hange seemed both offended and amused by his efforts whilst they told you what had occurred.

You had minimal interactions with other Soldiers, although noticed a wariness in their eyes when you entered their view. Angry stares; insults quietly muttered beneath their breaths; your life currently was a complete contradiction to the adoration people had for you in Marley. There, you were commemorated for your war-time efforts and a hero to the nation; in Paradis, you were nothing but a fuse that could blow at any second.

Hange had informed you that they had abided to your wishes and organised for a spare room to be refurbished into a personal chamber for you; you had been warned that it was nothing special, but it was in everyone's best interest for you to kept away from other Scouts.

As of now, you travelled in silence besides Yelena on your journey to your new home at the Survey Corps Barracks.

The carriage you rode in jolted abruptly. You heard a man fiercely call out something you couldn't quite understand, before the horses carrying your vehicle swiftly began to trot along a pathway once again. You hadn't realised that you had entered the walls, and figured that you must have fell asleep during the long journey.

You straightened your posture with a timid yawn, warily beginning to take in your surroundings. The gate way was drawn open by Garrison's as your carriage began to plough further forward to finally enter the Walls.You slowly breathed in the morning air, feeling your body shift above the carriage that rumbled on the dirt floor.

You held tightly onto your stomach, an anxious sigh escaping from your lips as you drew closer to the Scouts Barracks - 'enemy' territory.

You felt the carriage finally stop moving.

You breathed out slowly, your chest having a tightness that seized each breath. Your E/C eyes slowly drifted shut as you heard took a moment to breathe; you let yourself slowly relax. You breathed in once again, this time slower than the last to try and cure your racing heart.

"Y/N," You finally heard a wide-eyed Yelena whisper to break the silence: "We've arrived."

Over the course of the previous weeks, you took notice of the fact that Yelena seemed to take kindly in you. You assumed it was due to your older brother, Zeke: but, nevertheless, you appreciated her and considered her to be a friend.

You nodded in response to her comment, before beginning to leave the carriage alongside other soldiers.

You gazed at your surroundings, taking in every inch. The Survey Corps Barracks looked just as Hange had described; it had forest-green, verdant flags above the ivy covered bricks that illustrated the 'Survey Corps' symbol. There was a wooden, hazel stable beside the large building: tanned horses neighed as different people groomed their manes. A fiery dust lingered all around, intoxicating the air around you; the aroma of dust filled your lungs as you deeply breathed in.

After being told by a soldier to hurry, you abided by their order and entered the unfamiliar Barracks.

You didn't even have chance to take in your new home before being whisked away by an overly excited Commander under the pretence of properly analysing the Invisible Titan.