His Scars

Your body lay alert whilst you lay in your new bed, your eyes fixed on the ceiling.

Each passing day melted into the other, becoming more boring with schedules and timetables by the hour; you began to loathe waking up to each passing day and prayed that the hours would swiftly roll into the night when you finally had time to yourself.

A sensation of 'home-sickness' swarmed in your stomach as you thought of your old bed: you sincerely missed your home in Marley, and missed your friends more. Especially Pieck Finger, your closest friend; yourself and Pieck had been notoriously inseparable since you became friends as children. You thought about her, as well as your other companions, often whilst you stayed in Paradis - they were the main reason of why you so desperately wanted to escape and return to Marley.

Tonight, at approximately three in the morning: you found your body becoming more restless and alert as each second passed by.

A groan fell from your lips as you finally sat yourself up, overcome with a boredom. You grabbed your shirt from your side, then a skirt you'd carelessly tossed to the floor. After finally slipping on your shoes, you ventured outside of your bedroom to find something to entertain you.

Your palm clasped around the crisp wallpaper; the maze-like hallways were barely lit up by the moonlight that scattered on the wooden planks below your feet.

Your fingers traced the edges of the chipped walls, your eyes slowly fluttering shut as you tried to figure out what you could do to fill the time.

As you arrived outside of a dark room, your eyes lit up in realisation that you had accidentally stumbled across the Commanders private office.

'Since I'm awake, I might as well make use of the time and try to find something that could help me escape.' You stealthily peered around the corridors whilst wary of other soldiers, hoping to find something related to the geographical location of the walls so you could find plan how long it would take to reach the boats, or potentially even a hint of where the weapons were kept.

Positive that all other soldiers were asleep, you advanced inside and quietly closed the door behind yourself.

The office was pitch-black, the only source of light being the rays of moonlight that seemed inside through the windows. You squinted, beginning to open various drawers and cabinets. You finally opened a large, leather book that seemed to be filled with documents.

"Shit." You cursed to yourself.

In the four weeks of living on Paradis Island, you hadn't even taken into account the possibility of them having an alphabet that was different from Marley. Each symbol was completely unrecognisable, as well as messily scribbled in Hange's rushed handwriting.

You heard footsteps coming from down the hallway.

Your heart dropped into the pit of your stomach.

You swiftly sped out of the office, deciding to take refuge in the nearest room and hide. If you were caught rummaging through Hange's drawers, you knew that it could potentially lead to your titan being given to one of their soldiers. It was safer to hide in a different room to avoid suspicion.

You closed the door to the next room down the hallway.

After a minute, you heard the footsteps trail away - you sighed with relief.