Only Levi

Suddenly, the Captain began to shake his head.

"Let's stop talking about this now," Levi dismissed the conversation, "Your hair is dry; we should start baking, already."

After nodding in agreement, you both slowly gandered towards the small kitchen in the barracks; a kitchen primarily used by superior-officers, and, not known by the majority of ordinary soldiers.

Whilst you excitedly began to unpack all of the ingredients, Levi scoured the cupboards for cutlery and bowls; he unhooked an apron from the wall, tightening the material around his waist - it accentuated his build.

"Could you pass me two eggs?" You asked.

Levi mockingly brought two fingers up to his forehead, "Ey-ey, Captain."

Levi used his one hand to seamlessly crack an egg, whilst using his spare to push ebony strands of hair out of his face.

He sieved in the flour gently afterwards, "Oi, Y/N, use the spoon beside me to stir in the flour."

You nodded, lifting up a long wooden spoon before stepping closer to him. You felt your bare arm touch his as you stood beside each other, admittedly feeling your heart thud.

"We should try to make these as quickly as possible," Levi slowly spoke, still gently sieving the flour into the mixture: "I'm sure that Onyankopon is worrying about where you are." He paused for a moment, "I'm sure that you would rather be spending your evening with him."

Your eyes immediately widened in surprise, "What makes you say that?"

"I'm not an idiot, Y/N, so, don't insult me by asking me that question." Levi responded with a rasp in his tongue; he leaned closer towards you, "You're aware that I heard him asking you a couple of weeks ago."

"I'm not dating Onyankopon," You immediately responded with a bitterness lurking in your tone, "He's an amazing person, but, I'm not ready to get into a relationship." You replied, aware that a distraction such as a relationship could potentially hinder your plan of eventually leaving Paradis.

The older man shrugged; "I wouldn't know, I've barely spoken with him."

"You should try to get to know him, he really is kind." You beginning to softly chuckle, gesturing your arm towards the batter, "Do you think that I would be making him cupcakes right now if he wasn't?

Levi's eyes slowly locked onto you through his dark lashes, slowly trickling up your frame with a subtle smirk: "If you make cupcakes for people that you think are kind, then, you must have really strong feelings for me."

You immediately raised your hand to cut his words off; "Watch it! Someone could hear you."

A small, sinister smirk conjured against his face for a few moments whilst he muttered: "You should have seen the expression on your face when Onyankopon approached you in the Mess Hall. It was priceless," Levi's unfamiliar smile appeared playful and boyish, "Hange told me every, single detail about what you had told them: including, the fact that Onyankopon apparently gave you hickeys all over your body."

"You were the one who gave me those hickeys, remember that."

"I couldn't forget, don't you worry."

"You should be grateful that I didn't tell Hange that it was you who left all of those marks on me," You huffed whilst beginning to scold the older man, "But, speaking of marks, it doesn't look like you've been making any attempt to hide yours. You can see the scratches on the back of your neck, and, a hickey on the side of your neck!" You exclaimed, tracing your finger down the Adam's apple of Levi's neck to reach towards a hickey you had left on his pale skin, "It won't take Hange long to see these marks; they'll put two-and-two together and realise what we've done."