They Never Came

Flashback
(🎙= Comms)

Luke🎙: Derek clear the south end. Raven take the north. Valda come from the east.

All of them🎙: Got it.

Luke enters the building silently. The fact that this facility was so close and they didn't know pissed him off. He can feel the magic in the walls.

Vincent🎙: a silent alarm was triggered they're headed toward Raven. Looks like 15 people in total. 10 heading to Raven 5 to Derek.

Luke🎙: Raven you got this?

Raven🎙: no I need Valda there's too many.

Valda🎙: on my way take cover.

Luke keeps walking down the corridor. What looks to be rooms on either side. Most with cobwebs around them. At the end there an open room door. He pushes the door silently heading in. Sigils light up the floor glowing where dried and fresh blood are. Chains line the wall in various heights and positions. A long chain running from the ceiling to mid way. He hopes whoever was forced in here found peace.

Derek🎙: Luke. I need you here.

Luke pauses at Derek voice, it's quiet and a there's a quiver.

Luke🎙: On my way.

He teleports as close as he can to Derek location. The corridor is empty and there doesn't seem to be any rooms.

Luke🎙: where are you?

Derek🎙: Walk 10 steps then make a hard right.

Luke turns right, stopping short at the site infront of him. A girl, probably in her mid twenties, lays strapped to a table. Her clothes are mostly gone, ripped and frayed from time. She's hooked up to an IV, heart monitor and another machine. Her heartbeat is slow. She's 50 shades of bruised, hands broken and mended incorrectly. Her right leg looks completely shattered.

"I don't know if I should move her." Derek says quietly.

"Try to do it gently I'll help." They go about unhooking her trying not to set off alarms or hurt her. The IV in her arm being the biggest problem, is it keeping her alive or killing her. After a quick debate they decide to slowly stop the drip.

Vincent🎙: what's going on in there?

Luke🎙: we found someone.

Vincent🎙: you got two coats headed your way. Looks like they started to fight Valda and ran off. They running in your direction.

"Fuck" Derek says. "Can we fight them with her in here?"

"Let them get as close to the door as possible and we'll take care of them in the corridor."

Derek nods before they both head to opposite ends of the door.

Luke(whispering)🎙: vin let us know when they're five steps away."

They both wait with baited breaths watching the IV slowly stop.

Vincent🎙: NOW!

Derek leaps out first, blasting one into the wall. Luke follows grabbing the other one. They fight hand to hand while Derek fight the other with magic. Soon enough both coats are down. They both rush into the room Derek getting to the girl first. Her eyes slowly open before she gasps trying to reach for him crying.