Vulnerable

"You weren't surprised." She tells Bucky later that night. They were sitting in the living room, her feet in his lap as they watched Supernatural.

"No, he told us a bit about himself. So Sam and I weren't surprised."

She absentmindedly nods her head looking away.

"Are you ok?" He asks softly.

"I just...worry." She whispers softly looking down at her hands.

"Why?" Bucky asks scooting closer to her.

"If something were to happen to me... I worry where he'd be." Bucky pauses as if he doesn't know what to do next. She looks up at him unsure what that look in his eyes means.

"What-" his voice cracks before he clears his throat softly. "What do you mean?"

"He was so closed off before me. So...angry." She hears an echo in her head as if she's said these words before but keeps going. "I worry if something were to happen to me. If what happened to me...or rather the old me, happens again...who will take care of him? Make sure he's ok?"

She shakes her head looking down, completely missing the tears in his eyes. He doesn't know what to say, he wants to say they Damien will be fine in the end. That he would heal, especially if he stays with them but would that be a lie? It was barely enough for him when she was taken...would it be enough for Damien?

After a moment Bucky sighs, pulling her onto his lap. She places her face in the crook of his neck breathing in his scent.

"Thank you." She whispers sleepily adter a few minutes. The only answer she receives is a soft kiss on her cheek. She smiles cuddling closer to his body as her eyelids start closing. After a few minutes she's out cold. Bucky grabs the blanket he always leaves for her on the back of the couch, wrapping it around her. He holds her close, keeping her warm. He hides his face in her hair, if anyone walks by they'll think they're both asleep. Only he knows that he silently cries into her hair, pain and happiness mixing together.

Wanda knocks on her door waiting patiently for her to answer. She keeps the knocking at a 3,2,3,1 pattern to let Nia know it's her and not her abductors. When Nia opens the door she smiles at Wanda.

"Let's go shopping!" Wanda says excitedly. "Let's go!"

"Alright let's go." She says turning around to grab her shoes and a coat. By the time she heads out her bedroom door Wanda, Sam, Vincent, Damien, Bucky and Steve are by the elevators.

"Is it just us?" She ask squishing between Sam and Bucky.

"No we're all going but the others went ahead." Sam says.

3 hours later their shopping trip is starting to slow down. The boys barely have any bags so they offer to hold hers along with Wanda's. She skips ahead with Wanda both their arms looped around the others as they point out different things. She excitedly yells, waving Bucky and Sam over when she sees the pet store. She doesn't even ask Bucky if Alpine has anything; she simply heads straight to the cat section. She does a small happy dance when she sees all the cute clothes for alpine, Bucky putting back more than half of them. She starts to playfully pout at him when he does.

"He's not a girl. He doesn't need a fuzzy dress." Bucky says laughing. "But I will let you get the pink bunny outfit."

She hugs him excitedly resuming her search. In the end she chose a bunny costume, a deer costume, a gator costume, 5 different types of sweaters, little hats to keep his head warm, 7 hoodies and 3 shirts. She even grabs new toys for him in a variety from small stuffed mice to puzzles and cat nip toys.