Heal

Nia nervously sits off to the side of the room where the first family meets. Vincent place his hand on her shoulder as she sighs In relief at the tearful reunion. The next 8 families are the same way, it's a tentative start until they reach an understanding that has the two families beginning to connect. Each agrees to take the time to get reacquainted, happily getting together for dinner or lunch. She had a lot of high hopes for the families and was grateful. The 10th family however was not a good start. The parents were irate that the adopted parents were same sexed and was quite irate that "their grandchildren were subjected to this vile lifestyle."

The situation had got so heated the mother punched one of the adopted fathers which lead to the child defending his father. This caused a fight to break out that Steve and Bucky had to break up, sending the family packing when the child wanted nothing to do with his biological family. That...well Nia wasn't a part of that but she heard it was quite the fight when they were forced to leave. The last family wasn't as obvious in their dislike but it was known and there were no plans made to talk more that day, the meeting lasting less than an hour.

"Ready for tomorrow?" Damien asks her nervously. She shakes her head sighing, "not in the slightest."

Nia watches as the older kids huddle around the younger kids with them. Leo stood with the other three children over 15; Miranda, Rachel and Ryan. Miranda had the two 11 year olds Thomas and Tyler next to her. Rachel held the now 4 year old Will while Ryan held 15 month old Regina. Leo was holding the last child, 1 year old Penelope in his arms. Nia and Vincent wanted to keep the families meeting separate but the children didn't want to be separated from their "little siblings". It would make things harder but they agreed to it. Tony, Clint, Natasha, Steve, Sam and Bucky were going to help them.

The families slowly wander in, looking for their children. Nia watches from the side as Vincent introduces the children to their families.

"Liam!"

Nia and Sam share a look at the shriek already making their way to where Leo was. He keeps a tight hold of Penelope turning away to protect her as his biological mother gets closer. She starts yanking on his arm to get him to let go but he holds tight pushing her away. Nia steps in between the two pushing her away as Leo tightens his grip on Penelope.

"You!" Nia's hair is grabbed, yanking her harshly towards the floor where two males try to kick her. Sam and Bucky immediately jump in, pushing the two away roughly. He grabs Nia holding her closely to him.

"Enough!" Bucky snarls, pushing the woman away as he keeps Nia in his arms. Nia narrows her eyes at the woman, seeing a weird haze in her eyes.

Vincent check them.

Vincent shares a look with her, nodding at Damien who uses his magic to hold the family. Vincent walks up, placing his hand on the woman's head. She screams thrashing around as her family members fall into a pile of sand around them. She continues to twitch as her eyes change color. Vincent's hand starts to burn but he grits his teeth continuing on. With a snarl he pulls his hand away and she drops to the floor.

"Is that-"

"Yeah." Vincent says, answering Nia. The third elder that went missing sits before them as he pants. "Seems he couldn't control his anger even to get back in our good grace."

"Take him outside," Nia says quietly, "the children don't need to see this."

"We'll hold onto him for now. He might be the last one."

With a nod she watches them leave rubbing her hand over her face. She's hopeful this really is over. She watches as Tony introduces the families to their children, the older ones never letting go of the younger ones. After some time the younger ones go to their families while the older ones sit close by, watching as they talk to their families. Nia hears a squeal, Penelope and Regina smashing into her legs as they hold up stuffed animals their families gave them. She kneels talking to them excitedly as they show off their new toys.