Epilogue

1 year later

"I can't believe Tony is having us do two weddings." Bucky says exasperated, making Nia laugh. The island had thrived since everything was settled, many people moving to the island to offer their assistance. There were even families that moved for better opportunities, colleges that offered to do remote learning for those on the island. The biggest and best surprise was T'challa and Shuri coming to help them. The Dora Milaje were a hit with the girls on the island, so much so some of the older retired warriors came to the island a few months after their visit.

Nia and Bucky had gone to visit Clint and his family a few times now. The family loved the island when they visited and was ecstatic that the first wedding would be there. Tony wanted a second showboat wedding because "lord knows the Machurian candidate marrying is apocalyptic news". Nia didn't necessarily care about more than one wedding, she was just ready to be Mrs. Barnes.

"Come on." Nia says pulling Bucky towards the clearing she had her training in. They both stand there happily when four transparent figures appear. Three stay back smiling happily at her, a nod from each before they disappear. The fourth figure walks closer with a smile.

"You did it." Luke says softly cupping the air by her cheek. "I'm proud of you."

"Luke." She whispers with tears in her eyes.

"They let me have today." He says in explanation. "I'll always be watching over you. I'll be there on your wedding day and everyday after." He says tapping the air above her heart. "I'll be right here."

She nods her head as tears fall. "I love you Piccolina."

"I love you too." She says. He turns to Bucky smiling at him.

"Take care of her."

"Always." Bucky says seriously nodding his head. With a final smile Luke fades away leaving Nia sobbing in Bucky's arms.

"I wasn't expecting that." She finally said after some time.

"I think he knew how much you needed it."

They stay there for some time before walking back to the village where they're separated. They laugh and smile as the villagers pull them apart.

"It's bad luck! You'll see each other tomorrow!" Damien says with a smile.

Nia walks with Clint down the aisle, everyone smiling happily as she keeps eye contact with Bucky, both crying. Clint tried to hide the tears but he couldn't. The wedding is a blur of words and shared 'I do'. Bucky dips her, kissing her deeply before they turn to the audience with a smile. Once their down the aisle again the reception begins.

"Come on." Bucky says holding his hand out to her pulling her onto the dance floor where they dance. She sees Steve behind Bucky with a frown on his face but she can't focus on that. It's her wedding day, Steve said he was over his crush on her she just hoped it was true. The rest of the night is filled with drinks and dancing. Bucky and Nia are pulled every which way which they love.

"You ok?" Clint's wife asks him, watching him as he looks at Bucky and Nia.

"Yeah." He tells her kissing the side of her head. "I'm happy for them.

2 years later

"One more push!" The doctor tells Nia, Bucky holding her hand as she gives birth to their first child. After a few more minutes of labor the sound of a baby crying could be heard through the compound. Nia smiles tiredly as they watch the nurses clean her child.

"You did good baby." Bucky says with tears in his eyes. The baby is placed in his arms, he sits next to her in the bed both looking him over.

"You pick the name?" Bucky asks quietly, laughing when Nia nods. "Clint's going to hate it."

"Ready for visitors?" The doctor asks.

Clint, Laura, Peter and Loki walk into the room, a screen popping up for the others to see them.

"Meet our son," Bucky says happily. "Luke Francis Barnes."

"You told them!" Clint says turning to his wife who laughs. Nia was having a hard time with honoring Luke and Clint so Laura told her about Clint's middle name which he purposely never used. Too bad Nia thought it was the perfect name.

"Wait Francis, can I call him Ajax?" Peter says laughing.

Nia throws a towel at him while she laughs, "no Deadpool references"

"He's gorgeous." Clint says when Bucky hands him over. "You did good munchkin."

"Thanks." She says tiredly leaning her head against Bucky's chest. Later that night when everyone is gone Bucky stays up, holding Nia in his arms as she sleeps, the baby close enough to reach the next to him. The villagers were going to be so excited when they made their way back home in a few months. Nia wanted to be at the compound with everyone when she gave birth. The villagers were sad but understood why she wanted to. Once they were to receive word that Nia and Bucky along with the new addition was coming back they'd get everything ready for a celebration. Bucky was grateful for the island and all they've done for Nia and Bucky. The added benefit for him was that with the whole village he knew his children would never be taken or used by hydra, they could grow happily and safe. He kisses Nias forehead, that's all he could ask for, that his family would always be protected and safe even if he was killed during a mission.

Luke watches as Bucky finally starts to fall asleep. With a smile he walks towards Baby Luke, looking down at him.

"You're meant for great things." Luke says quietly. "I'll always be here to guide you and your siblings."

Luke closes his eyes as the picture solidifies in his head, Nia and Bucky with 5 children on the island, Vincent and Damien with a family of their own. The Avengers appear for a visit and the Barnes children run to them excitedly, Loki The Godfather of all 5 with Peter the adoring uncle and Clint the grandfather that spoiled them rotten. He looks towards Nia who has a smile on her face in her sleep. There will always be a fight or something to overcome but she and her kids will always be safe.