𝘬𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘰#6

BLACKPINK's Yuri caught the kmedia's attention for this reason

An old video of the artist suddenly became a hot topic on the internet.

The video was recorded by none other of another BLACKPINK member, Jisoo.

It was added as a part of Yuri's story in The Movie when she mentioned her strong bond with her brother, who seems to support her constantly and on every occasion.

The video was taken before the debut of the group and it actually made fans wonder what position was Yuri initially expected to cover in the group.

Yuri said she was trained by both vocal and rap coaches, being often also coached by TOP when it came to rap and he was not having activities with BIGBANG, this leading to her being a good rapper too.

But this was not unknown to the fandom. Yuri has been showing her rap skills ever since debut and fans also appreciated it. Despite being a lead rapper, she still has not as many rap lines as Jennie or Lisa, this might also be because, aside a rapper, she's also one of the two main vocalists of the group.

Also in the movie, Teddy Park explained the reason why Yuri's lines in the songs are almost confusing sometimes.

"She was always a vocalist. That's the main reason why she switched from YGK+ to the main company and became a trainee. As her brother is also an excellent rapper, the coaches tried to use her skills at the best and she eventually started to train to become a rapper.

She has always been a big hip-hop fan and she was familiar with being a rapper. Her brother actually pushed her to try and rap too and she was actually really good.

The reason why she doesn't get the full treatment of a vocalist is because her vocal ability is really good and versatile. When she raps she is Yuri, the strong and badass rapper from YG, but when she sings she's Yuri from BLACKPINK, the vocalist of a girl group who has trained for years and has a really interesting pitch.

Covering her brother's raps when she was a trainee, her voice would do something really interesting. When she was singing she had a softer and high pitched tone, but when she started to rap over his parts it would completely change and become deeper and suitable for the rap. Not even in the songs released by her as a soloist or with the group it would happen.

I've actually spent a lot of time trying to understand how it was possible, until I concluded it was just talent and she really had to debut."

The video took by Jisoo showed Yuri in the practice room, covering the first rap verse from TOP's hit Doom Dada.

As a lead rapper, Yuri's abilities are underestimated many times, but the song she covered could actually showcase another side of her potential.

Netizers started wondering if she could actually become one of the fastest rappers among the female idols.

When you hear her rap over that song omg

Her voice gave me goosebumps

I thought Jisoo was the one in charge of the deep voice

How can she rap with that deep voice and also do the whistles in My Hair?

TOP's little sister indeed

She had a great teacher if he helped her and for sure she must also be talented

Isn't she credited for songs made even for other acts aside her group? Because if she is then I kind of have a feeling she also participated in perfectioning the rap parts

And that's what you call a versatile artist. She can sing and rap, she composes, produces and writes songs and she can switch from so many styles in a matter of seconds

She has a great flow in rap, she's a fast rapper and you can hear clearly each syllab. Her own flow seems to be fast paced according to the girls and Teddy, but she showcased a slower one in the songs she released so far, it would be interesting to see her faster flow in the future.

I'm so excited to hear her rap faster now

If she can rap that part so good I wonder how she covered the last verse

TOP is known for switching so many different flows in this song and apparently the lyrics are also often hard to translate in other languages, if she really nailed the whole song the way she did in this short video then she really belongs to the rap line, even if she's a great singer

Wonder what haters gonna use as an excuse to hate on her now. That she's a girl and not a boy? Offended because she can deliver better than some male rappers in the industry even if she's basically just chilling in the practice room with her band mates?

So Jisoo one day woke up and decided to attack blinks with rapper Yuri

I'm curious about the last verse, TOP raps 70 syllables in 8 seconds, which is an average of 8.75 syllables per second, I wonder if Yuri is able to do that too

As a blink and a vip, I really want a clean cover of Yuri on this song, or maybe even a duet someday with her brother

A/N
This was left kinda incomplete but nvm here we go