Three's a Crowd

(I used a base for the picture above. I wanted to see what Sugar Bliss looked like in the show's art style.)

The girls all stood at the train station to see Fluttershy off. The Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures had given the yellow pegasus permission to observe the Breezies.

"Here's a wrap in case you get cold." Said Rarity as she put the wrap in Fluttershy's bag.

"And I packed you a basket of nice fresh apples in case you get hungry." Applejack told her as she put the basket down.

Twilight smiled at her. "Have a great time."

"Oh, I will." Fluttershy nodded. "And I hope you have fun with Cadence!"

Princess Cadence was coming over to spend time with Twilight.

Fluttershy boarded the train and they all waved goodbye as the train left.

"I'm a bit nervous for Cadence's visit." Twilight sighed.

"What could you be nervous about, Twilight?" Asked Applejack. "Cadence just loves you to pieces!"

"I know. But I really want her visit to go without a hitch!"

"Well, why wouldn't it?"

"Well, the last few times we've seen each other haven't exactly been 'worry free'."

"The fate of Equestria has hung in the balance during most of your visits with her." Said Rarity.

"Exactly." Twilight nodded. "Cadence and I haven't really had a chance to just enjoy being friends again. Which is why it is so important that this visit be about the two of us having some real quality time together."

Applejack smirked. "I'm guessin' you've got a plan that'll keep it that way."

"The timing couldn't be more perfect. For one day only, right here in Ponyville." Twilight pointed at a nearby poster. "The 'Starswirl the Bearded' Traveling Museum! Cadence and I can spend the whole day looking at Starswirl the Bearded artifacts!"

"Sounds like the perfect drama-free way to spend the day with Cadence." Rarity smiled.

"Not counting the drama surrounding which of the bells from his cloak they've chosen to put on display. Spoiler alert: It's this one." She pointed at one of the bells on the poster.

Just then, the train from the Crystal Empire showed up and the door opened. Two guards stepped out and then Cadence walked out after them. "You're Highness." The pink Alicorn bowed.

Twilight looked confused but bowed anyway. "Your Highness."

Then, Cadence giggled and stood straight. "I'm teasing, Twilight. We're sisters-in-law. We don't have to be so formal." She nodded to her guards and the two stallions got back on the train. Soon after, the train left.

"Knowing you, you've made some plans." Cadence said and her and Twilight started to walk away.

The girls happily saw them off but paused when they saw a spinning blue thing fly towards them.

"What is that?" Applejack wondered.

"Whatever it is... DUCK!" Rarity yelled and they all hit the floor.

Picking just looked confused. "Rarity, that doesn't look anything like a duck!" She was pulled down just as the blue thing flew over there heads and crashed into a tree behind them.

"What was that?" Rainbow asked as they walked towards the tree.

They heard a sniff. "Oh, not a 'what' but a 'who'." A familiar voice said. Then it sneezed and the tree leaves burst into flames and turned to ash in seconds, revealing a blue-colored Discord sat in the branches.