A World Beyond Us

"You know where I might be from?" Sugar Bliss asked. She was sat on the couch, looking up at her husband who was stood in front of her.

"This is a sketch of your mother, isn't it?" Discord asked as he held up the picture that the Alicorn had drew a few days ago.

Sugar Bliss nodded.

"This creature is called a human." He told her. "I use to visit their world and pull pranks on them. They don't have magic there so it was always fun to mess with them."

"Their world?" She repeated. "They're not in Equestria?"

"No, my dear." His voice softened and he leaned toward her. "They live in a world that is different, yet similar, to ours. There are portals that connect our two worlds together and I think, when I found you in the Everfree, you might have accidentally fallen through one of those portals."

"The tear in the sky." Sugar Bliss' eyes widened at the realization. "But, you said the tear had sealed itself when you got there!"

He nodded. "That's right. Which means the portal must have been destroyed somehow after you fell through."

"So, if the portal closed, then how are we going to get there?"

Discord just grinned.

~~~

"Absolutely not." Twilight immediately denied them. "If it were just Sugar Bliss, the maybe. But I know for a fact that you're going to follow her through."

"Of course I would!" Discord didn't even try to deny it. "I'm not going to let my beautiful Queen travel to an unfamiliar place all by herself! What kind of loving husband would I be?"

The purple Alicorn just rolled her eyes. She was immune to his drama at this point. "As sweetcas that sounds, and half true... I know you're just itching to cause trouble again."

Discord gasped in offense. "I would never! What part of 'reformed' did you obviously forget about?"

"Um." Sugar Bliss finally spoke. "While I understand your hesitancy, I must ask you to please let him come with me!"

Twilight stared at her for a moment before sighed. "Very well." She said and the Chaos Princess smiled at her. "If that place is really where you're from, then I have no right to keep you from it... and I know I won't be able to stop Discord from following you." Twilight turned at started to make her way down the halls of her castle. "The portal is this way."

Twilight led them to a second library where the mirror was kept. A machine was built around it to power it up. Twilight used her magic to pull a journal from the bookshelf and put in a slot at the very top of the machine. Suddenly, the whole thing turned and lit up. It pulled the magic from the book and shot it straight at the mirror, cause the portal to open.

"There you go. The portal to the human world." Twilight said as she turned to them. "Now, I have to warn you. Their world mirrors our own-"

"Is the pun intended?" Discord cut her off with a chuckle.

Twilight gave him and unimpressed stare before continuing. "As I was saying. Their world mirrors our own. Which means there's going to be some humans there who seem like copies of our pony friends. I'm just telling you now so it doesn't freak you out when you see them."

Sugar Bliss nodded. "Thank you for doing this Twilight. It means a lot to me."

Twilight smiled. "I'm happy to help you learn about where you came from. I'd love to go with you but I'm busy with the school right now. I'll leave the portal open so you can come back anytime. Just remember to send me a message when you do so I can close it."