Best Gift Ever

Sugar Bliss walked through the snow covered Ponyville and looked at all the decorations that were up for the holiday.

She had heard Fluttershy and Rarity talk excitedly about Hearth's Warming. But they also sounded pretty stressed when it came to buying gifts for all their friends.

Sugar Bliss had no idea what they were talking about.

What the hay was Hearth's Warming and why did they need to by gifts for everypony?

So, the Alicorn went to Twilight, who read her the whole story of Hearts Warming and why it was important.

To sompony who is dating a protective, all-powerful creature of chaos, these 'wendigos' didn't sound to threatening. She could see why they were a danger to everypony else though.

Sugar Bliss met up with Fluttershy and the two walked through all the stands that were open. The Alicorn stuck close to the pegasus when they walk through the crowds of ponies who were quickly doing last minute shopping.

Suddenly, Twilight and Spike rushed past with a really long piece of parchment. Fluttershy got tangled in it and was pulled off with them while Sugar Bliss flapped her wings to follow.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash also got tangled up before Spike was pulled to a stop.

"Do we want to know why you're wrapping up everypony in town?" Rainbow asked as she pulled herself free.

"Not wrapping paper. A to-do list." Spike told her and he pointed behind at Twilight frantically teleporting to all the stalls and grapping a bunch of items.

"Twilight, darling, are you alright?" Rarity questioned in worry.

Twilight nervously smiled. "Sure! Just grabbing a few things. Do I need this? No. That's silly. I need eight!" The purple Alicorn rushed out before teleporting to another stall.

Applejack walked up to them with Pinkie Pie following. "Hey y'all! What everypony... oh. Traditional holiday meltdown?" Asked the farm pony and they all nodded.

Applejack calmly walked up to Twilight and talked in a soothing tone. "Hey, Twilight. How's your day?"

"I got way behind grading midterms and Cadence and Shining Armor are coming here with Flurry Heart for Hearth's Warming Evecand I haven't started decorating and I don't know what to get any of you and-"

"Stop." Applejack covered her move to stop the rambling. "Take a breath."

Twilight breath in and held it.

"Now let it out slow." Twilight did that and the earth pony smiled. "Now, I think I have an idea that might help. What if we change up how we give gifts this year and do a Hearth's Warmin' Helper?"

Sugar Bliss tilted her head. "What's a Hearth's Warming Helper?"

"Whenever the whole Apple family got together, there was so many of us, it didn't make sense to buy everypony gifts." Applejack explained. "So we'd put out names in a hat..."

Pinkie grinned. "Oooh! A game of chance! Tell me more~"

"Then we'd pull a name, but keep it a secret."

"A dash of mystery! Good. Good "

"Instead of buyin' everypony a present, you just get one for the pony you picked from the hat."

"Wait. So instead of lots of presents, I only buy one of you a present?" Pinkie asked before screaming, "WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS?!"