Twilight's Kingdom (Part 2)

"I will not." Sugar Bliss stated.

"Tirek is set on possessing Alicorn magic." Luna explained. "When he comes for us, we cannot have what he is looking for."

I'm more than willing to do my part and give up my magic."

"You misunderstand. Our magic cannot just disappear into thin air. Somepony must keep it safe."

"That somepony is you, Twilight." Said Cadence.

Twilight frowned. "Why me?"

"We do not believe that Tirek is aware that two other Alicorns exist in Equestria. If we transfer our magic to you, Tirek will not know where it has gone." Celestia told her.

"Do you understand what we're asking of you?" Asked Cadence.

"Yes, it's just... I'm only now learning how to control my own Alicorn magic. To take on even more-"

"Twilight, you represent the Element of Magic. If there's anypony who can do this, it's you."

"Taking on this task will be one of the most difficult things I will ever do. But with the help of my friends-"

"I'm sorry, Princess Twilight." Celestia cut her off. "But you must keep your new abilities a secret. I fear that your friends being aware of your new power could put them at great risk. Do you still think you can take on this responsibility."

"This is the role I am meant you play as a Princess of Equestria." Twilight said with determination. "I will not fail to do my duty!"

"Then we must begin at once."

"I. Will. Not!" Sugar Bliss yelled, finally getting their attention. "You called me here just to make me give up my magic?! Forget this! I could have finished packing by now!"

"Packing? You mean you're just gonna leave us?!" Twilight yelled back.

"I am not a Princess of Equestria! My name and title were given to me by Discord! I am loyal first to my king!"

"Discord betrayed us! Betrayed you! He's sided with Tirek!"

"Don't assume to know him." Sugar Bliss argued. "I've watched your interactions with him. You and the girls talk a lot behind his back despite claiming to be his 'friends'. The only one who's nice to him is Fluttershy!" A portal opened behind her and she turned to leave. "Now if you'll excuse me, I was asked pack in case I needed to be moved somewhere safer."

"What about Fluttershy?" Cadence asked and she paused. "She's your friend, isn't she? You said she was the only one who was nice to him. Are you really just going to leave her behind?"

It was quiet as Sugar Bliss thought about it. Fluttershy was the first pony who actually wanted to be friends with her and Discord. Was giving up her magic really going to help her?

She finally let out a reluctant sighed. "Fine. I will give up my magic. But I'm not doing it for Equestria, I'm doing it for my friend."

With that, the Alicorns stood around Twilight, their horns all lit up as they concentrated on pulling up all their magic while Twilight looked anxious. They released their magic and it gathered in a ball in the air before lowering towards Twilight.

~~~

Meanwhile, outside. Discord watched as Tirek stole more magic before his body shook and he frowned. "That can't be right."

Tirek looked at him. "What can't be right?"

Discord just smiled. "Nothing. Carry on!"

~~~