ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ

"I wish I was a star."

Megumi looked at you as you uttered those words. Curious at what made you wish like that. It wasn't childish to him but sometimes when you're in your thoughts and with him, you tend to blurt things out of the blue.

A gust of wind blowing through the field where you two both laid. Megumi gazed at the night sky, stars twinkling like those fairy lights in your room and the bright moon shining in the land then he looks at you back.

His fingers gently caressing your chubby cheeks and occasionally pinching them. "Why?" He asked.

Your head shifting in his lap as you think of something reasonable, never letting the night sky out of your sight.

"Well..." You started, unsure of what to say. "They're pretty and they always shine unlike me I'm too bland." You explained while stretching your arm, fingers flexing as if you were trying to reach the stars.

Megumi's eyebrow rose as he looked at the night sky littered with thousands of stars after hearing your conviction.

"Stars, huh?"

Out of the things you could wish for, you hoped to be star. A ball of gas that only emits light and a display in the night sky. They're pretty of course but nothing can compare to your beauty.

Megumi grabbed your hand. Entangling his own to yours. Long and slender fingers against your fluffy ones. He brought your hand to his lips and gently kissed it. His eyes never leaving your hand and stared at you. Attentive green eyes held such warmth and adoration for you.

You stared back at him. Both eyes held such familiarity in each other and were like sending a message that only you two can comprehend.

"You can't be a star." He started.

"Why?"

"You're human and if you're gonna be a star you would be the sun."

"How so?"

"You shine in the darkest of days. The mere presence of you makes my life much better and when you smile it's like I've been graced with such fortune."

Megumi placed your hand in his chest.

"Seeing you makes me want to live everyday. You give life to me. You make me human."

You can feel the thrumming of his heart. Slow and steady. It makes you want to believe that it only beats that way for you and only you which is true. Megumi thinks sometimes you're a goddess who had taken the form of a human.

Such beauty and uniqueness that had made him fall over and over to you. Megumi never held such adoration for another human being until you came. Melting his seemingly cold exterior and showing his purest love to you.

You were the sun indeed.

Megumi now understands the true meaning of being human. It's to love and to be loved. Only you can show him that way.

"Never think that you can be like the stars in the night sky. They're many of them and the sun it's like you, you're only you." He explained.

"You're gorgeous. The sun of my life."

Megumi came closer to you. His lips gently brushing to yours and pressed it against yours. The familiar taste and warmth that he only can do. Upon the contact of your lips, Megumi can feel the burst of emotions in his system.

The first rays of sun casting it's warm glow to a cold-stricken place. Melting all the ice and he can see the blooming of flowers. Waking up for the new world. That's what he imagined when kissing you. Life all over the place. A new beginning in every end.

You giggled when you two broke the kiss.

"Wowie. Never knew you could be that cheesy Megumi." You teased.

The sorcerer blushed.

"As long as I can make you happy. I don't mind it."