ᴡᴀꜱᴛᴇᴅ ʟɪꜰᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ

Warnings: Work is rushed.. Spoilers. Read at your own risk.

"Kento!"

The blonde let out a exasperated sigh as he heard the two shouting his name. It was always like this. The duo never seem to tire out at their daily shenanigans. Nanami accepted it already at least there is something normal in his life and for a short time he can enjoy his youth.

Haibara held the plush girl's arms as he pulled her to join Nanami. A few giggles there and their attention turns to him. "K-k-kento!" Nanami can feel himself draining at the attitude of the two but nonetheless a small smile formed in his lips.

"Wanna go to that ice cream parlor?" Haibara asked, his eyes scanning you and Nanami.

"Yes! You Nanamin?" Before Nanami can answer, Haibara quickly said "it's settled then." You giggled and Nanami let out a small sigh.

That was the last memory he remembered before shit broke down.

He was holding tears while you sobbed besides him. It was unfathomable. The supposedly curse was graded as 2 and you three were dispatched then it was graded as 1. You three can't handle it, you all was still not suitable to fight a higher grade curse and then Haibara took the blow that landed on his end. You stayed silent as Geto and Nanami discussed about what they should do and ended up throwing the burden in Gojo. You two left the scene silently. No words uttered and it was taboo to talk at times like this. Haibara was the first one to initiate a conversation. With Haibara gone you two tried to mend the relationship. It was the friendship you treasured and slowly it goes back to normal.

Relying on each other was the best thing despite the losing of Yuu. You and Nanami had grown closer. Watching each other backs and the normal stuff. The two of you being paired in missions and one night after mission at a deserted place.

A sudden flash of lightning and followed by a clap of thunder, rain started pouring down. You two had no choice but to stay at a abandoned house. Waiting for the rain to stop. That night you two shared a bed. It was just an old mattress but comfortable enough to sleep on. Nanami had insisted to take the floor but you stopped him.

You reasoned it was not comfortable and the mattress had enough space to share with. The two of you laid silently. Your body facing his front and you chewed your lip in nervousness while Nanami stared at the ceiling. The sound of the pitter-patter of the rain echoing inside the house. The sudden clap of thunder blared and you gasped. You unconsciously grabbed Nanami's blazer. The blonde felt a tug in his uniform and he can see you closing your eyes, body tensed and shivering.

Things didn't changed even when you fought curses you were still afraid of the thunder. Nanami held your arm. He wasn't the one to initiate physical touch but with your situation he ought to give you a little comfort. Upon sensing Nanami's touch you calmed down. Opening your eyes, you came face to face with Nanami. His blond hair slightly covering his eyes, his jaw and just seeing his face brings you peace.

"I'm sorry." You apologized.

"It's fine." He answered.

"Do you blame me for Yuu's death?" You asked. Swallowing the lump in your throat. The question for you is heavy to handle and yet you asked him.

"There's no one to blame If there is, we were misinformed." He said.

No way could Nanami blame you. No one's responsible for Yuu's death. You were the most damage when he died. Even things were normal back again there is still something missing. Maybe you were hurt than him it's for the reason you may have loved Yuu more than the friendship you two had. The thought hurt Nanami. It doesn't ease the pain he was feeling in his chest. He's scared that he had caught feelings for you but the misery he felt in his chest told him otherwise.