Ch 33: Insecurities

Hi everyone!

I am actually quite excited about this and an upcoming chapters so I hope that you will enjoy them as well :)
^^^

The four were swimming as fast as they could but they all knew that it was just a matter of minutes until the boat would catch up with them. Something rough and slimy hit them from above and suddenly they were immobilized. The net was pulled on the hard wooden deck. They tried to get out of the ropes but the crew did it for them...quite forcefully. They heard a burst of loud laughter. 

"Well, well, well...look what we got here!" said a tall man in his twenties "A traitor, an enemy princess...and whoever those two are." he pointed at (y/n) and Philip. 

"McBain..." Marcus mumbled through his teeth, recognizing the man. 

"Oh! So you remember my name? Who would have thought that always so proud, always too good, always on the top Marcus O'Donnell would remember my name?!" the man said sarcastically 

"Let us free, McBain! You don't understand what's going on! It's a serious matter. Nothing such a spoiled brat like you should get involved in." Marcus frowned 

"Ha! You couldn't be farther from the truth. Commander actually put great faith into me by entrusting me to patrol the waters during the siege of the castle." McBain said proudly and puffed out his chest.

The solemn moment was interrupted by Marcus's loud cackle. 

"What are you laughing at, you cunt?!" the man growled 

"You-you really thought that it was a worthwhile task?!" Marcus said and laughed again "Patrolling the waters?! Miles from the siege and actual battle?! They sent you away so you wouldn't bother them, you moron!" 

"I-you-they...uhhhh" the man turned red and a huge vein popped up on his forehead 

"Who is this guy?" Merida finally asked 

"Robert McBain" Marcus said "Son of an impoverished nobleman but more importantly, an insecure fool." 

"Insecure?! You! Slap him right in that nasty face!" McBain screamed at one of the crew members. 

"I don't know, boss." the stocky man scratched his neck "He's the duke's son after all." 

"See?" Marcus smirked "even your crew has no respect for you!" 

McBain turned even more red but then he took a deep breath a tried to calm down. 

"Well...but I won, didn't I?" he said finally "I captured you, I captured the princess, now I will be welcomed with all the honors I deserve!" he grinned and walked away, leaving the four surrounded by the armed crew. Marcus kept giggling under his breath. 

"Are you alright?" (y/n) asked, a little concerned about the man's strange behavior. 

"It's just...we survived so many obstacles and great enemies...just to be stopped by this idiot. THIS is the true irony. Besides I'm so tired..." 

When he said that, the girl also noticed that when the adrenaline stopped pumping in her veins, her eyelids became extremely heavy. 

'Don't sleep, you moron!' she thought 'You must get out of here! But how? We're all way too exhausted...' The girl started looking around. She didn't find a way to escape (or she was too tired to come up with a plan) however, what caught her attention was the crew. They were very low-spirited. It seemed like the men were forced to be there. They didn't seem to be fond of McBain either. 

"I can bet that he couldn't be able to point at the rudder if we asked him to." whispered one of the soldiers that were holding (y/n). 

"I'm not even sure if he knows where the prow is." the second man chuckled.