Ch 10: Tournament p.1

Hi! I hope that you're gonna enjoy this chapter (if yes, let me know in the comments and/or leave a like).
^^^

"All right, people! Listen up!" The chief said as he entered the barracks "The meeting with Scottish king went very well." He grabbed a pear from a basket and took a bite "Mmm good...Anyway! As a final celebration of our alliance, we decided to organize a tournament. Both warriors of Scotland and Nordic lands will take part in it."

Everybody welcomed that idea with excitement.

"Don't worry chief!" a long-haired boy threw his fist into the air "We won't disappoint you!"

"Yeah!" added a muscular girl "The victory and glory will be ours!"

Everybody agreed.

"The tournament" the chief continued "is going to take place in 3 days so get ready!"

"YES CHIEF!"

The people went back to their activities, including (Y/n). Suddenly she felt a huge hand on her shoulder.

"Come with me, (y/n)." the chief instructed

"Yes, sir." she turned to Olaf and whispered "You said he didn't notice."

"Cuz he did NOT." the boy whispered back "You better go. The old man is waiting."

^^^

She left the building and approached a small stack of barrels on which the chief leaned.

She bowed "How may I serve you, chief Hi-"

"Oh fuck the conventions! Sit down!"

She followed the order.

'Straightforward as always' she thought smiling.

"What happened to your hand?"

"Oh! that" she massaged her bandaged hand "I hit something... by accident."

"Be more careful, then."

"Thank you for your care." she knew that chief wasn't the most 'open' person so she really appreciated his words.

The man looked at her and sighed deeply "(Y/n), you've always been one of my best trainees. Hardworking, trustworthy...so why now you're suddenly starting to be late for the training, skipping the meetings, disappearing for the nights?"

The girl bit her lip. There was one main reason for this- a red-haired one.

"Look" the man kneeled to look her into eyes "I may not seem like it but I remember very well how it feels to be a teenager. And personally, I wouldn't make any bigger fuss about it. Unfortunately, I'm obligated to listen and respect the opinions of others, and there are some people who want me to ban you from the tournament as a punishment."

"WHAT THE HE-?!"

"Easy...I have the last word in this society and I decided not to."

"Oh god! You' re absolutely the best, chief!"

"I didn't finish." he raised his huge hand to quiet her down "This time you got away with it but I can't protect you forever. You should put all your heart into the training and the tournament, if not for me then simply to stop the accusations."

"I'll do my best!"

"Good." he stroked her head "Now go, kiddo"
^^^

(Y/n) really took chief's advice to her heart and moved her lazy gay ass to train even harder than she'd used to. She didn't even realize how fast the time flew.