Ch 22: Lockdown

Hi everyone!

Pride Month is over but loving and respecting LGBT+ people for who they are, is an annual event! So be good to each other and be good to yourselves!

Part of today's chapter was inspired by the lockdown experience that some couples can relate to, especially if you lived together during the quarantine. 

PS. I'm over the exams but my brain is NOT so I'm sorry if I made more mistakes than usual. I always try to get rid of all of them but it's impossible, even for a native speaker which I'm not.

^^^

The royal couple (especially the king) seemed to be still in a little shock by Merida's relationship but the girls didn't have a choice, they had to inform the king and the queen about the spy. As expected, it added fuel to the fire.

"A SPY?!" the queen said furiously "In my castle! And he saw you two!"

To (y/n)'s surprise, the queen didn't scold them for getting caught or for being together, she seemed rather worried.

"You should've come to us much much earlier!" the queen said and sighed "That man could've hurt you."

The king didn't say anything. His wife noticed that and said "Fergus! Do something! Your own daughter is in danger and so is her frie-...girlfr-..." the woman was nervously trying to find a right word

"Wife? " Merida whispered so only (y/n) could hear

"Her dear companion! " the queen finally finished her sentence.

The king stood up in silence, then simply said "Leave that spy to my people. We'll find him." Then he left.

Merida shivered. Hearing her always energetic and fierce father speaking in such a weak voice made her feel weird.

"Don't worry about him." The queen approached her daughter who was visibly upset "He just needs some more time to process things out."

"Would you talk to him about that?" Merida asked

"I will. " the queen promised "But he's right. We should leave that to him and his people. You two, stay in the castle and keep your heads low until we find out who our enemy is."

^^^

The girls went to Merida's chamber. (y/n) was relieved that the talk went so smoothly. Not only hadn't they been scolded but the king promised to take care of the problem. Plus they let her stay in Merida's bedroom 'in case she needed something'.

'Oh, I know too well what she needs right now.' (y/n) thought and smirked. 

However, when she turned around, she noticed that the red-haired girl didn't look enthusiastic at all. She was sitting on her bed, blindly gazing at the floor.

"Oh, baby..." (y/n) cooed "What's wrong?"

She sat next to Merida and embraced her gently. The Scottish girl put her head on (y/n)'s shoulder. Seconds later, (y/n) felt something wet on her shirt.

"I'm just scared..." Merida said weakly and sniffed "I've always been so close to my dad. We would go horse riding together, sneak out to the forest and eat tones of wild berries until we got sick. He was the one who taught me how to shoot a bow. He was my dad and my friend. I know that loving the same sex is unusual here but...but is it really enough to make a parent turn against his own child? My dad hates me because of who I love? That can't be true!"

(y/n) embraced her tightly as she started sobbing. Sadly, (y/n) knew that being yourself and loving who you truly do, is often...too often a reason why people get abandon by their own families. She just hoped that the king wasn't such a soulless monster.