Ch 5: A date

Hi everyone! I hope that you're having an amazing day!
Again, English is not my first language and even though I'm doing my best to avoid mistakes, you can find a few of them in my work. I apologize in advance.
[I don't own Merida]
Enjoy! :-) 

----------
The night was cold. Everyone in the barrack was sleeping, wrapped in thick woolen blankets. Well, everyone except a single girl who was sitting by a small window. She was looking at the beautiful stars and the moon. Unfortunately, that view only brought her back bad memories.

"Three days." (y/n) thought "Back then I was looking at the same moon and stars...but with HER." she sighed and her breath created a small cloud in the cold air "It was just three days ago. Why does it feel like it's been ages?!"

~~a night three day before~~

The party was over. The tavern was completely silent. However, that couldn't be said about the area behind the building, from where were coming sounds of pleasure and amusement.

(y/n) felt like she was about to explode. Merida was kissing her with such a passion and touching (y/n)'s naked skin with her silk hands...It was a truly amazing experience. When (y/n) thought she would drown in that pleasure, Merida suddenly stopped.

"What happened? Are you feeling all right?" (y/n) asked worried as the girl moved away from her.

"I'm okay." she smiled and grabbed (y/n) hand gently "Look, you're really amazing but I can't do it now..."

"Are you leaving me?! Why? Have I done something wrong?"

"No. No. 'Now' I mean today. I need some space and time to think about us... Are you mad?"

"Emm. No, I'm just confused...I guess."

"Me too." Merida chuckled nervously "So please give me a day! Tomorrow I'll meet up with you."

"All right, take your time." (y/n) said and took a lonely walk back to the barrack.

~~~~

Suddenly someone put a woolen blanket on her.

"You shouldn't sit here without a cover." she heard a familiar warm voice "You could catch a cold."

"Thanks" (y/n) smiled at her friend "Why aren't you asleep, Lydia?"

Lydia was rather tall, dark-haired girl from (y/n)'s village. She was very beautiful and wise, so no wonder that a half of the village's youth had a massive crush on her, including (y/n).

"It's so cold that I couldn't fell asleep." she rubbed her cold hands and pointed at the blanket "Can I?"

"Emm. Yeah! Sure!" (y/n) moved to make Lydia some space under the cover.

"So" the girl asked after she nestled down "Why aren't YOU asleep?"

"I was thinking about something, that's all."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lydia moved closer "You seem to be sad about something since the party."

"I appreciate that you care, but it's not a big deal." she lied "I'll... I just have to... I...I don't know what I should do actually." she tried really hard but she couldn't control her emotions any longer. A single tear ran down her cheek.

Lydia embraced her warmly. "I have an idea." she said "You need to refresh your mind."

Lydia stood up, put a warm jacket on and gave (y/n) her woolen coat.

"What are you waiting for." she pulled (y/n)'s hand "let's go!"

"Wait! Where?" (y/n) was really confused