Ch 28: Enemy camp

Hi everyone!

I hope that you're doing well! As usual, I had a lot work to do but it's always very refreshing to simply dive into our adventures with red-haired princess of Highlands.

^^^

Merida was sitting at the table in the dining hall. Her bowl was filled with delicious stew and a great number of side dishes, was waiting for her in the kitchen...but she just couldn't force herself to eat anything. She kept glancing at her girlfriend who was sitting next to her, the love of her life who was supposed to go on a suicide mission to the enemy camp! She wanted to stop her! Or at least go with her!

"But THE PLAN is different." She thought, remembering Utgert's words. 

Merida massaged her temples, she was putting all her mental strength not to say FUCK IT and just grab (y/n) and run away far far away from this mess.

"Merida, darling, are you alright?" the queen, who joined them at the dinner, asked "You haven't touch any of your food yet."

"She's not feeling well today." (y/n) explained "Should I help you get to your room?" she asked Merida, worrying that the girl would reveal their plan but mostly being concerned about her health.

"If you don't mind, my love." Merida said and nodded weakly

(y/n) escorted Merida to her bedroom. The princess insisted that the girl stayed there with her.

"I'd love to." (y/n) said "But we cannot give up now. We have to fight! I'm not happy to go to the camp but I'm doing it for US and for any other person that could be hurt by this crazy woman."

"o k BUT if something happens to you...there will be no 'us'-" Merida said and her voice cracked. She turned around so (y/n) couldn't see a tear coming down her cheek but the girl approached her and embraced tightly.

"Shhh...it's alright." She tried to comfort her "We're going to be alright..."

It was the last thing Merida wanted but she eventually freed the girl from her hug.

"Go! You need to prepare for the mission. But please! Don't leave without a goodbye."

"I promise. Come to Olaf's chamber 3 hours after sunset."

^^^

The next time Merida saw her, (y/n) was already wearing a light leather amour and was ready to go.

"What the hell is she doing here? " Inigo asked annoyed when Merida entered the room "She will blow our cover!"

"Shut the hell up, would you?!" (y/n) mumbled "I think I'm allowed to say goodbye to my girlfriend."

"Sorry" the boy said "I'm just nervous."

(y/n) approached Merida. The princess put her hands on the girl's cheeks. (y/n) grabbed gently her left palm and kissed it.

"Oh darling! Please be careful!" Merida sighed

"I will do everything to make it back to you. I promise. Now go get some sleep. Tomorrow would be a very stressful day."

"I won't sleep unless I know you're safe!"

"You're such a stubborn sometimes..." (y/n) sighed and send her a smile

"I know. " Merida nodded and embraced her tightly for the last time.

^^^

The three got out of the castle by the window, sliding down a long, linen rope. The weather was cloudy so the night was even more dark than usual. That was definitely doing them a favor. When they left the castle area, they dashed through a long, grassy field that was supposed to turn into the battlefield the next day.