Ch29: Going back to you, Merida

Hi everyone!
The new year is in just 2 days so lemme wish you all the best. I hope that 2021 will be a better year for all of us. I also wish you to have a fun time during New Years Eve but please remember to stay safe!
HAVE AN AMAZING YEAR

Anyway, this chapter is a bit longer but I hope you'll have a good time reading it!

^^^

When (y/n) finally woke up her body was all sore. She tried to move but she couldn't. It turned out she had been locked in a small wooden cage and her arms had been tied up to the bars. 

The girl examined the dark place she had just woken up in. By the furniture covered with white cloths and numerous boxes and chests, she guessed it must be some sort of storage room...or rather tent. The entrance was closed so she had no idea what time of the day it was. 

She sighed sadly "I fucked up." She said remembering what happened before she was knocked out "At least Inigo and Mjoll managed to escape. Oh, Merida if I could just rewind the time! We would've done everything differently! We wouldn't be in that sick situation!"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a blinding ray of sun that fell into the tent after someone came inside. It was a slim, short boy, possibly her age, wearing a neat green uniform. He glanced at her nervously, then twitched and quickly walked up to one of the boxes. He seemed to be looking for something but at the same time, his eyes were constantly going in the cage's direction.

"So how is the battle going?" The girl broke the silence and tried to get some information out of the stranger

"They were fighting till noon, now they're having a break."

The girl nodded. She liked one-to-one combats but she disliked battles. The most absurd thing for her was that they sometimes dragged for days or even WEEKS.

"Are the odds even? Who has the advantage?"

The boy looked at her confused "I'm just a simple servant" he said finally "I don't know anything about battles." Then he took a wine bottle out of the box and started pouring the drink into a silver decanter. And he kept glancing at her!

(Y/n) got annoyed and finally called him out on that.

He blushed and started stuttering even more than before. "I-I-I was just c-curious if you're the girl who...who...is in a relationship with the princess."

(Y/n) frowned. "That bitch told us she didn't publish the letters, yet!" She said angrily. If she could feel her fists, she would clench them.

"Well I'm Lady Nora's personal servant so I might've seen some of those letters while cleaning her bureau." The guy admitted. Then he took a deep breath and started bombarding the girl with questions. "Is the king REALLY ok with you two? I heard that he took your side during the meeting. Are you planning to marry the princess? Where would you live after that? How do you feel about breaking the tradition of marriage?"

"Tradition is a beautiful thing" she started calmly " and it is being flawed by those who use it as an excuse to be biased assholes." Then she smirked "And the other questions...F you! If you want to spy on the king or interrogate me, AT LEAST TRY to be less obvious."

The stranger's eyes widened "N-no! I didn't want to interrogate you! I'm sorry! I just..." he stopped and tried to finish pouring the drink while his hands were shaking all over the place.

'He doesn't seem like a spy.' (Y/n) thought. 'And he looks truly nervous.' And then it hit her!

"You're asking those questions because you have someone too, don't you? Someone who you 'shouldn't' love." The girl asked.