Ch 4: Dancing in the fire

Hello everybody! I hope you'll enjoy reading the newest chapter. (!) As I said English is not my first language, so if you find any language mistakes- I apologize. I'm really trying my best.
[I don't own Merida (she own me;) )| image by kazeki:
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/disney-princess/images/31471312/title/merida-brave-fanart]
^^^

Merida yawned loudly ... and then again, even louder, in case someone didn't hear the first one. She was bored and angry. After her last argument with mother, the queen was forcing her to attend every diplomatic event and act like a true princess.

"King Fergus, as a chief, I can assure you that a union between my clan and your kingdom will be very beneficial."

"Lord Hjalmar" said queen Elinor "I am sure that you and your clan of warriors will be a great ally.'

"Of course they will!" Fergus grinned "Your ax and my sword will defeat any kind of enemy."

"However" the queen added, glancing angrily at her husband "We could discuss a few things before signing the papers" ...

^^^

When the meeting was over, Merida rushed to the stable.

"Angus you won't believe on what tortures my mother has put me up to!" she said brushing her horse's mane. "That chief Hjalmar is quite cool, though. They say that once he cut the tree with only one hit. Amazing!"

After she was done with her four-legged companion, she grabbed her stuff and was about to head out to the shooting range when she overheard a quite interesting conversation.

"C'mon Clair! You've to show up on today's party." said a bulky guy

"I-I dunno Arthur." his friend replied shyly "I should spend some time with (y/n). I guess she's mad after what happened on a boat three days ago."

"My dear, I expected better from you. I invited you on a trip, gave you a gift and that's how you repay me. ''

''Okay! Okay! I will be there for you. ''

^^^

"Very good!" said Merida "You're getting better and better at this."

"I have a great teacher." (Y/n) lowered her bow

Everyday Merida was sneaking out and meeting her friend in the training field. Today (y/n)'d almost hit the middle of a target.

"Wanna take a break?" Asked Merida

"Sure. Can you give me water ?"

"On my way here I saw two people from your clan." The red-haired girl handed her friend a jug "They were talking about a party tonight."

(Y/n) took her time to quench her thirst and then answered "Yeah, we're having a party. Arthur got the owner's permission, so the tavern is ours tonight. We're gonna have some fun and the tavern will get new customers...and their money."

"The guy that I saw was named Arthur."

"Did he look like a big pile of meat?"

"He was large ... and quite handsome."

"Oh no! Don't you even thing like that. He may look good but he's a huge jerk, trust me."

"Okay, I'll stay away from him. But I'm pretty sure that he's popular."

"Haha...oh yes. He's so popular that there's even a club founded by his ex-girlfriends. It's so funny because two years ago they were meeting up in a small tent and now there's so many of them that they need an actual building."