Ch 2:(Not)Perfect Shot

[I don't own "Brave" (Merida could own me, though)]
English is NOT my first language, so please forgive me any language mistakes.

Enjoy!
---------
(y/n) was sitting in the hot summer sun and massaging her forehead. A throbbing pain in her head and a bruise were a reminder about the last night adventure.

"You look like a total disaster!" Clair noticed and handed a steaming bowl "You didn't show up for the breakfast, so I bring you something to eat. Where were you last night ?! "

"I saw a goodness turning into the devil." The girl groaned

"But you missed a great party! Everybody was singing and dancing. Oh, and Arthur was there!" Clair blushed "He remembered me!"

"Wow. Almost 20 years together in the same village and he managed to remember who you are. Impressive."

"Oh shut up! He told me to pass him a drink and then smiled."

"At you? "

"Emm ...not really...I mean I'm not sure .."

^^^

After her friend left her, (y/n) stayed alone. Suddenly someone poked her.

"Looking better today, don't you!"

The girl turned around just to see a flaming red wave of hair.

"It's you!" She yelled "You know I got injured and left me there like a total-!"

"I know! I know and I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking then. I was upset because of my parents and I took it out on you."

"I could die!"

The redhead sighed heavily and looked down thoughtfully.

"Ugh! Just forget it" (y/n) added impatiently "Get out of my way and let's never talk again."

"No, wait! Please, it's very important for me. What can I do for you to repay? You're a warrior, right? I can take you to the training area so you'd have fun."

"Hmm...Let it be. Take me there so your honor will be back. Whatever."

^^^

Two girls take a walk along the castle's walls to reach a large field with a few mannequins and archery targets standing in the middle.

"Now the area is empty but you have to believe me, during tournaments it's a pretty lively place." explained the redhead while showing the other girl a small shed from where she can get the equipment. "What kind of a weapon do you prefer?"

"An ax or a knife."

"Nice! I'm more into a bow and arrow, though."

"Really?" (y/n) got interested "I don't have much experience in the archery."

"I can show you how to shoot properly. I mean...if you want to."

^^^

(y/n) pulled the bowstring. She was still angry for the last night but the girl seemed like she was truly trying to bury the hatchet, so she decided to give her a chance.

"No! You have to hold it tighter. Like this." The redhead explained "And don't turn your hips!" She grabbed (y/n)'s hip and moved it to the right position.

(y/n) tried to focus on the target but she couldn't. The strange feeling caused by the touch of the other girl steal all her attention.

"What are you waiting for? Shoot!" The girl leaned even closer

(y/n) blushed hard and released the bowstring. The arrow hit the edge of the target.

The red haired girl started to giggle "Bullseye!"

(y/n) groaned but eventually also started to laugh.

"Merida."

"What?"

"My name is Merida."

"I'm (y/n)" she said with a smile

"Pretty name."

"T-thanks. You think you could give me another lesson tomorrow?"

"I think I c-"

An angry shout interrupted her "Merida come back home! Now!"

"It's my mother. " Merida said and cursed under her breath "I need to go, but I'll find you as soon as my parents will let me free. "

"Promise? "

"Yeah! See ya! Oh, and if you sneak to the kitchen before the dinner you'll find some goodies. My brothers checked, so trust me. "

(y/n) was left alone again, however in a much better mood this time. 
------------
A bit shorter chapter but not everything at once. 
Please leave a comment and tell me if you liked it and/or what I can do to improve my story and writing. 
Thanks for reading!