Ch 27:Simple facts...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my absence but life can sometimes be quite handful. I hope that you're doing well!

^^^

That night (y/n) decided to spend in Merida's room. The whole situation with Lady Nora was truly worrying her. Yesterday she was thrilled when she got leverage on Nora but now, the fact that she would have to put her plan into practice, was stressing her out.

"Maybe you should tell them." (y/n) mumbled while they were still lying in bed in the morning

"You know you can always count on me." Merida said "But I think you should do it. You were the one who found out Nora's weak spot. Besides you're actually good at speaking."

"I don't know..." the girl groaned "I always look stupid."

"You think you do but in reality you're amazing!"

"Maybe I am manageable."

"You. Are. Amazing." Merida leaned and kissed her "And if anything goes wrong, I'll be at your side."

(y/n) sighed deeply and tried to get her courage up.

"Let's do this." She said finally.

^^^

That morning the second meeting with Lady Nora was supposed to take place. (y/n) and Merida joined the royal couple in the throne room as quickly as they got dressed. They were sitting there in complete silence. Everyone was worried about that meeting. A heavy tension could be felt in the air.

Suddenly the door opened and a winded man ran in.

"What's the meaning of this?" the king asked, probably normally but from all of those nerves his voice changed and the simple question sounded more like a death threat.

"Pardon the intrusion, my King!" the frightened man said "But we noticed 6 warships that docked less than a mile away from our harbor!"

"What?!" this time the king was truly angry

"They have an oak emblem on them, my King!"

At that moment another servant came in.

"Your majesty! " he bowed "Lady Nora is waiting outside."

"Bring her in." The king said, trying to calm down "And you two get out!"

A minute later, Nora walked through the door with a huge grin on her face.

"I'm sorry that I didn't give you time till afternoon, as I promised. " she said, sitting down "But my army came a little bit earlier than I thought. Such good boys, aren't they." She giggled "I brought my whole army, plus 20 welsh mercenaries, I EVEN bought couple Norsemen for that special occasion." she said with pride

"What do you think you're playing at, Nora?" the king said

"Oh, dear Fergus! I told you I'm not your enemy. I just want my crown."

"Bringing here your army means war!"

"No, No, No! There are here just to remind you that I will get that crown in one way or another."

"N-No." (y/n) said but from the nerves, her voice cracked so she cleared her throat and repeated "NO."

"Oh! Shut up, little girl!" Nora stared but Merida interrupted her

"Talk to her like that again and I'll cut you into small pieces and throw your nasty remains into the ocean! And you can add these words to your blackmail if you want! I don't care!"