ACMBA Community | Chapter 2

They woke us up at 9 am, I jumped out of bed so I could have some time alone to tell them about the offer and no one would listen because we would usually get out of bed 20 minutes after they woke us. I went to the kitchen but only Sofi was there, I asked her where Toia and Ana were, because I wanted to tell them something. She seemed intrigued. I went to look for Toia, she was on the garden playing with Matilda, Toia's dog. I asked her to go to the kitchen with Sofi, Ana was already there because Sofi called her. When Toia and I arrived the three said together "Mery, what happened?" tears were about to come out of my eyes and I shouted "I GOT CASTED FOR A BROADWAY SHOW!!!!!!!" I think the whole house heard it but as they were so asleep they barely understood what I had shouted well except Jaz, Pachu and Milo. I had told Jaz and Pachu but Milo was in shock, she started hugging me and congratulating me. Then Sofi, Toia and Ana decided that before breakfast when everyone was already in the table they would tell the rest the news.

At about 10 everyone was already in the table. They said that they wanted to share BIG news and that they couldn't be prouder of who they were going to talk about, they also said "this is one of the things we wanted you to achieve but also we want you to enjoy and feel proud of being part of the ACMBA community". Before starting to talk Toia burst into tears, she came to me and hugged me then Sofi and Ana came and also hugged me, when they were going to say it after hugging me Jaz, Pachu and Milo hugged me we all started crying of joy, when they said it all the girls started cheering and Sofi and Ana couldn't hold the tears and also started crying then we unintentionally spread the cry. Out of the blue Alejo, Toia's husband came in and asked Toia to talk to her privately. Although they were inside we could see Toia start to cry again. Although I don't think Alejo understood much the situation when he walked in. Pachu, Jaz, Milo and I suspected the same thing, maybe she found out she was pregnant, well we weren't completely sure. Sofi and Ana seemed to understand what was happening because they walked in and hugged Toia who now wasn't only crying but also smiling, that made us much more confident of our theory. After some minutes the four of them came out and Toia said " We shouldn't tell you but well we can't help it and if not you won't understand what has just happened, well...on the count of three...one...two...three!! WE ARE EXPECTING TWINS!!! We knew I was pregnant but we didn't know it was twins, well we are very happy about it and after this two good news you can have breakfast. It was already 11 am, we were all starving, every conversation in the table was either about Toia's pregnancy or my job offer, it was the first time no one was practicing in her head her song. While we were chatting two girls who were going on into seventh year asked me how could I be so talented and they asked me an autograph. I hugged them, they said that they wanted it so when I were famous they would have an autograph and could say they knew somebody famous. It was really sweet.

When we finished having breakfast, we went to tidy up our bedrooms and change into comfy clothes, because Ana was going to teach us a new dance routine. I finished before than the rest and received a phone call, it was my mom. I answered and recognized three different voices, my mom's, my dad's and the producer's. My dad started saying "we're going to miss you a lot but this might be your once in a lifetime opportunity and you can't waste it". Hearing him say that brought tears to my eyes, my friends came to see what was happening because they said I was pale as a ghost. Meanwhile my mom kept updating me on all the news. Then she gave the phone to the producer who told me not to worry because I needn't have to quit the production of school of rock because this was going to be later and rehearsals wouldn't begin after the last half of the years because there were still auditions for some extra parts. And they were also needing more people to take part of the cast. And also the boy was also taking part of School of Rock and they didn't want to pull members out. Then my mom forwarded to me all the messages with the information of where I was going to live and the daily routines and other information.

When I hung up the phone Sofi came towards me and asked if everything was okay because tears were coming off my eyes. I told her and she said "Merchu, you make me so happy and proud, I'm glad that you got this opportunity and that you can take it."

At lunch we ate sandwiches. While we were eating we listened to the soundtrack Dear Evan Hansen, when "You Will Be Found" started, everyone started singing and dancing to the point that we were doing a flash mob. It was amazing, I'd always wanted to be part of one, you don't know the steps but anyhow you all make the same. For the first chorus Sofi and Ana joined us and Toia started recording because she couldn't dance due to her pregnancy. Alejo, who was leaving, saw us and Toia told him to come join us and he did.

Then we got to the end and we heard Ben Platt's voice fading as he said "you will be found".