True feelings | Chapter 4

Pachu and Mili returned smiling as I had never seen them. They had been chosen to take part in the cast, and they had been told the musical but they couldn't spill the beans, at least not while they were at the camp. Later on, we went to the pool and kept trying to get information about the kids taking part besides Mili and Pachu, and I still wanted to know which was the musical. They didn't add anything to what we already knew. At one point, Pachu and Mili wanted to talk about in so hard that they went under the water to shout and try to keep the secret, at least for some time. Then, we went to the grass and started talking about the show we had done the 25th of November. We were all still excited despite the fact that it had been 3 MONTHS AGO. We started dancing and singing the songs we took part of or knew the dance. At first, it was just Jaz, Pachu, Mili, Valen and I, but then Cler, Mori, Morchi, Eli, Emi, Caro and the rest of the cast of 13! came over and started singing and dancing with us. Toia started filming to upload to @academiadecomediamusicalba, their Instagram account. I felt that great rush through my veins, reviving the amazing moment I had shared with my friends. I will never forget that feeling. Nostalgia hit, and I couldn't fight it anymore. When we got to "A Little More Homework", we all started getting emotional and many cried. Even though they weren't really sad, they were caught in the emotion of the music.

When the time to shower came, disaster came with it. You saw girls running through the halls looking for towels, clothes, shampoo, conditioner, brushes and all kind of stuff. I decided to shower later, so I went outside alone. Something that I didn't mention is that the camp was with boys. Some of them were Marcos, Martín, Jocho and others that at this point aren't so relevant. Soo, I've had the hugest crush on Marcos for YEARS. I've taken part in shows with him; and although at first I fell for him because of his voice and looks, now I am in love because of his personality, his kindness, his caring side, and all the bright things in him. Okk, back to the story. I was outside singing and Jocho, whom I have known for quite some time, came and sat with me. He had come to last year's camp with me and we had become really good friends in no time. Right after he sat down, he started doing a lower tone version of the song that matched perfectly with the tone I was singing. Anyhow, he then wrapped his arm around my shoulders, looked deeply into my eyes,and said: "Mery, I don't want to ruin our friendship, but I can't let you leave to New York without knowing what I feel for you..." I started getting nervous. Was he into me? Was this all a joke? "I really, really like you, I've had the biggest crush on you ever since we met and, when we did, everything fell into place. I tried to tell you this many times but I chickened out, because I know that the feeling isn't mutual, but you deserve the truth." He got up, kissed my forehead and went inside. I thought I knew what I was feeling, but maybe I didn't, because if not, what he said wouldn't have confused me so much. I couldn't hold my feelings, so I started crying. Jaz and Mili, who were practicing their duet, heard my sobbing and came to ask me how I felt. I told them what had happened, they hugged me, and we decided to go inside after a while. However, anyone could easily realize I had been crying, and Sofi, Toia and Ana did. They took me outside and asked me if I was okay, I told them all of it and they were really able to help. They all told me experiences they had lived to help me, then recommended me not to rush my feelings and said that I didn't have to do anything feeling hurried. That was a solution to the problem, which got even worse. A little while after dinner, I went outside with Pachu and we were talking when someone whispered on her ear, and she immediately got up and left. I looked around and, for my surprise it was Marcos. He sat really close to me and when I turned around our faces were really close and so were our lips. The stars and moon shined right at us, the sky was really clear, the only lights around us were the night lights from the sky, not even the ones from the house shone. I didn't know what to do: move away or get closer, so I decided to stay in that position, I closed my eyes to blink and in that split second he got closer and kissed me. It was a magical moment, I never thought he felt that way. I had been hoping that for so long and now it was true: it was my first kiss and I was really able to enjoy it because it was with someone I cared for. It was an amazing feeling, I can't describe what I felt but it was the second best moment after performing.

Pachu was watching through the window and I heard her shouting, but I think Marcos didn't realize that it was because of our kiss, or, at least, I hoped so, because if not he would realize that I was really into him and hoping that kiss, anyway that shouldn't matter anymore because he felt the same way because he had kissed me, we slowly moved apart, he was smiling and so was I. He held my hand and said "do you want to let people know?" Was that really happening? I thought that I would have the doubt of being or not something, I didn't want to seem desperate so I told him that if he wanted I wouldn't mind. I really regret that because I didn't bare in mind all the things Jocho had told me.