What it means to be a friend | Chapter 6

After they finished other groups came up. I really enjoyed Valen's performance with Fermín and Jaz. It was hilarious, Fermín did tons of slapticks in the background while Valen and Jaz sang together, and then when he sang they all held hands and he was in the middle, Valen let him go and so did Jaz and the hugged him. It was so cute and the best part was Fermíns reaction to the hug which he knew nothing about. He looked like a puppy being hugged.

Some performances later we went to the pool. I wasn't really hot so I stayed outside and sat with my legs in the water. I was talking to Jaz about our suspicions of the CAST show, when a wet and warm hug caught me. It was Marcos, Jocho who was on the other side of the pool swam it really fast and told Marcos to stop bothering me. It was a little nice the gesture leaving besides his true reasons, and although I really liked the hug it wasn't really something I wanted, specially a wet one. I told Marcos to back-off. I wanted to be with him but he was starting to act like a real jerk. I went to get my towel and Fermín followed me after telling Marcos that he had messed up big. He defended his friend of course but he also said that I should be angry because not only was he being rude but also he wanted to be with me and he had never acted this way to a girl and even less with a girl he likes. That pep talk made me feel better, I didn't want people to recognize his bad behaviour, but to reassure me that he cared for me and wasn't all pretend.

I had never talked much to Fermín although we had been together in Matilda and 13. He would usually be talking to Toia or Emi. He was a really good person, we chatted for about half an hour, when I received a call from Juan. I went outside to talk to him and Marcos was able to overhear our friendly conversation and when I hung up he made a scandalous scene, which was truly embarrassing. At one point I left and went to the room, he followed me. Without realizing he was there I broke down in tears. At that moment he realized how much of a jerk he was. He apologized in every possible way. I couldn't speak, I was only able to throw words without context like: love, broadway, friends, anger, worries. He came closer and gave me a really nice and warm hug which I needed. Although I said words with no sense he understood everything, just as if we were connected. I had been angry for too many hours at him and it was nice being able to be happy with him. He then said, "Merchu, I'm truly sorry for how I behave, partly was because I wanted you so bad that my ego outranked me and this morning I found out that my family was in a car crash yesterday. No one knows, except Fermín which gets me but still is angry at me. I hope that you can understand me, there's no need to forgive me, because I don't deserve it."

After saying that we moved closer and I couldn't help it, I kissed him, it was longer than the first one and much more real. I could feel his lips touching mine and I knew that I wasn't daydreaming because I knew how he felt. I didn't want to kiss him though, I mean I didn't plan it, it just came out of nowhere. We decided to go our way and avoid telling people about it until the camp ended in 1 day🥺. I went to my room, Valen and Pachu had been talking about Lucas, Juanma was interrupting them. He said he wanted to talk Valen. Juanma and Lucas are brothers but Lucas is older. I hadn't gone into the room so I stayed outside to hear what Juanma would tell her. What he did was really mischievous. He was asking Valen to set him up with Pachu and he would set her up with Lucas. Of course, Valen wanted but she didn't want to get Pachu to do something she wouldn't enjoy.

Valen's POV

When Juanma told me his proposal at first I thought "hell yeah" that was until he told me MY part of the deal. There was no way I would set them up because Pichu had been really clear about not liking any of them. On the other hand I couldn't not take advantage of this opportunity. That moment I quoted to myself Hamilton "I am NOT throwing away my shot". After a long time meditating (20 minutes) I went to ask Merchu for advice, she would probably guide through the right path, as she wouldn't be bias.

Valen came to ask me for advice on Juanma's offer, it was clearly VERY, VERY tempting and she did really well in asking for advice and not letting be guided by her heart, without listening to her brain. I told her that she should talk it out with Pichu because it involved her and she would give her the correct choice. She followed my advice and asked Pachu. Pachu's response was really surprising (it wasn't yes nor no) and she took in the news pretty well. Pachu made up a great plan, all we had to do was look for Juanma and leave Pachu alone in the room and not let anyone go in. Here's the plan...