One last song | Chapter 7

It was getting dark, we were doing one dance routine for the LAST TIME. After that, all the showering crisis arrived. I decided to go and play with Matilda. Toia was laying in the ground talking to her asking for advice. I sat besides her and asked if she wanted to talk to me about something I didn't know if she would open up but she did. She was worried about the babies arrival in 8 months and how would she and Alejo make time to take care of them. I had never really realized how many worries she had, she hid them very well because I was never really able to know when she was worried about something personal unless she told us about it. We sat there and shared our deep fears. Sofi, Ana and Jaz joined us. Sofi, Toia and Ana told us that they wanted to tell us something. They wanted both of us for the cast and although I was going to go to NYC it wouldn't be until September so I could perfectly take part of it. Then they told us the musical we'd do but I can't tell you yet. We went inside and I saw Pachu and Juanma alone in the room and Valen hiding trying to listen. Pachu's plan was to tell him that it would mean a lot for him to do a selfless act for her best friend without getting anything in favor. At first he didn't accept, but then he gave in. Valen was biting her lips to keep herself from screaming and Juanma realizing she was there. When he gave in Pichu hugged him and he smiled.

After diner with the songs from Hamilton in the background, in between every conversation, every split second of silence we could listen the raps and songs. When we realized which song it was we would sing it all together but if it was a rap only Valen would be singing it and Pichu in the case of "Alexander Hamilton". When diner finished we went to watch HSM 1. Pachu wasn't feeling well so we went outside and ACCIDENTALLY we heard Toia talking to Alejo on the phone. We heard "I know that we are having economic problems and we shouldn't waste money but I want the best for our kids" "I'm not saying that you don't want what's best for them" and then we heard a soft yet sweet sob. We went and hugged her as if we hadn't heard anything except her crying but she knew it wasn't true because she is a Theatre teacher after all but she said that any other person would've bought it. Anyhow, it cheered her up a little our group hug. I went inside to find my phone with 2%, 5 missed calls, 2 voicemails and 75 messages. All the calls were from Juan and the messages some from him and others from my family. I got quickly the charger and called Juan back. He instantly answered the call. Apparently the girls had turned hearing on and heard all the conversation on another room with the airpods that were connected. They also recorded it so here it's what we LITERALLY said.

*call between Juan and I*

Hi! How are you?

Great and you?

Really well! Soo, what's up with all the calls and voicemails.

Oh right, okay this is embarrassing but a friend and I did a bet and I lost and I was supposed to call my crush, and that's you. I know we don't really know each other but I feel like I've known you my whole life and I don't expect you to like me back at all so let's leave things like before.

*call ended* Juan hung up.

After the call I went to the kitchen and prepared some tea to take to my room for me and my girls. We went to the grass to see the sunset and take some pictures because it was the last day and we wanted some pictures of us together with the sun in our face. After that I went to the kitchen because my ACMBA house (green) had to cook. We connected spotify and heard the soundtrack of In The Heights. It was a true Carnaval del Barrio. After dinner we went to watch Hercules and as every last night of the camp we all bursted into tears watching the campfire, and Toia cried as if she had no tomorrow, probably because of the end of the camp added to the hormones of her pregnancy. We sang all the songs of the movie we had just watched and all the ones from last years show and the ones that would come this year. I touched las chimues in the shoulder and we got a little separated and started crying together. Marcos came to hug me and so did Martín and Juanma with the intention of hugging Pichu but she rejected them and hugged Jaz instead.

We went to sleep and the next morning I woke up with the sound of Pachu crying. I attempted to hug her but Juanma had thrown himself onto her. She realized that I was about to hug her and wanted to hug me back but didn't want to reject a hug because it was really cruel. I kept looking at them and it was the longest hug I've seen of Pachu with a boy. When Juanma finally let Pachu go I hugged her and asked her if that hug meant something. She said that it was really nice and she thought that she could sorta kinda like him. We went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to wake up. We heard the boys getting closer so we hid, and heard their conversation. It was Marcos and Juanma. We also saw Martín hiding behind the door spying on them but he didn't notice us luckily because they were talking about us. Juanma was saying that he felt like he could spend the rest of his life with Pichu and he wanted to tell her that by singing "If I Could Tell Her" from Dear Evan Hansen. Marcos said that although he really liked me he wasn't sure if he loved me, he said that he cared about me and was with who he wanted to be in that moment, but maybe not forever. Although I didn't love hearing that I knew we were still very young to be so sure about love.

We had the same routine as the other days until noon. After having lunch we packed up everything and started getting ready for the worst moment. The goodbye. In this camp we met wonderful people and got to know other people better. It gave us the best memories of our lives, moments I will never forget. At about 3pm parents started arriving to take their kids home. Marcos and I were the last ones with Pachu, Jaz and of course Juanma. We all started crying and promised that one week from that day we would get together, and after that we started crying. Sofi came to calm us down and said:

-Bebiss, don't cry in not so long ACMBA all year will begin.

It didn't really work we just went to hug her, the Toia, Ana and Alejo joined the group hug. After that we started getting everything in Sofi's car, she was driving us home with Ana and Toia and Alejo were going in the car Alejo drove that day. In the car Sofi asked us what we found best of the camp and we all said together "EVERYTHING". It took about an hour and a half to get home because there was a lot of traffic. Pachu, Jaz and I were hanging together and staying at Pachu's with Milo and the boys and us the girls were staying and doing a slumber party so I had to get everything out of the handbag, separate what was clean and what wasn't organize it in my closet, have a shower get ready, prepare brownies for dessert and get to Pachu's at 8:30. It was about 6:30 when I arrived so I did everything in a rush and arrived at Pachu's at 8:31.