The Bombing

Present day (Sokovia 1997)

The sounds tormented me whilst I sat completely awake, Sokovia was under threat. I could hear the excruciating screams all round me.

"Y/n?" my mother says while she taps on the door bringing me out of my thoughts, I can see her tall slim figure in the darkness.

"Mum? is everything okay?" I mumble watching her movements carefully. My twin brother Silas strides in, walking straight past my emotionless mother and landing abruptly on my bed.
"Y/n.." he trails off speaking lowly, "dads dead". The words leave his mouth as I sat there, frozen.
"what, h-he can't be..there's no way" holding back the tears my brother pulls me into a warm hug.

God I can feel my breath catch in my throat as I slowly lower my head into my hands. "d-dads gone?" I tremble into a soft cry.

Silas towers above me confused to my reaction. He always knew I hated my father, but this was under different circumstances.

-FLASHBACK- (2 years ago 1995)
(TW- mention of abuse-)

"Wanda come on, it'll be okay" I say grabbing at her hand, pulling her across her bedroom.
"Y/n we can't go, you will get in trouble again..."she trails off before I interrupt her.
"Wanda I won't, everything will be fine. We are old enough to leave the apartments now" I say eager to leave.
"Y/n your 7 and i'm 6, we aren't old enough yet" she scoffs at me, watching her eyes flicker out the window.
"Exactly Wands, I'm older than you. I can handle it" she stands in complete silence, gathering her thoughts.

In the matter of a second I grab her hand and rush out the door to the stairs.

"Y/n, slow down" she giggles.
"Aren't you excited, because I am!" I yell happily.
We start scrambling up the stairs, as we reach a tall dark door.
"Dammit, it's locked" she lowly says watching my smile drop.
"Step back wands" she looks at me puzzled, she steps back slowly. I take a few steps back running and shouldering the door to open. The door flings open me catapulting with it onto the roof. I groan in pain as Wanda runs over to me.

"Y/n what the hell were you thinking!" she sternly says awaiting an answer. "Clearly not a good plan" I groan at her, my eyes following her stare.

My foot was in all shapes..broken. Great. A broken foot, how was I meant to explain that to my parents.

"I'll get your brother" she trails off as she starts sprinting towards the door. "Wanda wait!" I scream in agony, I hear her light footsteps coming back to me.
She takes one glance at the pout on my face, knowing I didn't need my brother.
"Just help me down the stairs" I sigh lifting my arm out towards her.

We walk towards the door of my apartment, Wanda knocks on the door as she quickly stands back.

"Wanda, what can we do for you?" my father speaks sternly at her. I hobble out in front of her, watching his eyes land on my foot.
"What the hell Y/n, what have you done now!" he screams, Wanda and I both flinch at his yelling.
"d-dad it was an accident.." I trail off watching his movements.
"Inside now!" he yells grabbing my arm. He trails me out of Wanda's grasp as I feel my foot smack off the floor. Agonising pain starts to shoot through all of my body.

He slams the door shut, throws me across the room and stands tall above me. "What did you do" he says lifting me by my throat.

I couldn't breathe. I started to squirm in his grasp but by my mistake his grasp gets stronger, throwing me into my room and locking the door. I sat alone, in the dark...

Present day (Sokovia 1997)

"Y/n, you alright?" my brother shakes me from my deep thoughts. "hey, hey don't cry. Come here" Silas's voice shakes in worry.
"How about we go watch T.V, that will cheer you up" my mother chimes in.
"sure, let's go Silas" I mummle lifting myself off my bed and into the living room.

Silas chooses a movie to watch, he was making all types of jokes throughout the whole thing. The faint screams erupted from outside the stained black windows as a horrific bang flared throughout Sokovia.

• • •

"Y/n! Y/n! wake up Y/n!" my brother shakes me awake. "Are you okay?" the worry in his voice is calming.
"I-I think so. Where's mum?" I stare at him waiting for an answer, nothing. "Silas! where is she?" he continues to stare at the rubble, "Silas what the hell are you looking at?" I watch his head slowly shake.

I finally look to the rubble, just about seeing her hand. "NO, NO M-MUM! CAN YOU HEAR ME!"
No answer. No reply. Just silence.
"Y/n we need to get out of here" he's speaking softly.

I can't take my eyes off her hand. I was coming to the realisation that they were both gone.

"Y/n the Maximoff's, they need our help. Let's go" Silas shouts at me.

Wanda. What if she's hurt, oh god please no.  I jump up running out of the door, I carefully hold Silas's hand and open their door. All I see is rubble. No one in sight.

"Wanda? Pietro? are you okay?" Silas slowly walks in whilst speaking to the rubble.
"Over here" a quiet voice speaks from under a bed. "Wanda!" I yell as I start to rush over to her, her hand flings up "Stop Y/n! Bomb!" her voice shakes in fear.

I slowly glance over to a explosive device flashing red, "Stark Industries" I trail off whilst glancing back at the Maximoff twins. I can hear Silas's faded footsteps become more clear as he comes closer.

A/N - Some chapters haven't been proof read yet :)